JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Happy Monday!

Denise

I think I best start posting titles like today's so I don't lose track of what day it is. I treated the weekend like I normally do weekends and today is like a work day. It's best not to fool myself that this is a vacation and go into vacation mode. The temptation to throw caution to the wind is real and not advisable for anyone in self-isolation. I wonder what's happening with "my river". I love to walk the trail because every day is different. Meeting up with different people, seeing the river rise in such a short time is fascinating and that deer on the other side might be looking for me too. I live in the little blue house by the river just off the walking trail. Doesn't that sound so much more interesting than street and house number? I thought so too. How are you doing? Are you managing okay? What's your biggest obstacle to your weight loss endeavour? How can I help?

Lyn💛 Replied:

I'm rural and we have lots of wildlife out here and I love it. You get to know their habits and where they will be. We always joke that when they see us they are saying...here they come again, every day they go up and down that drive...

deb Replied:

We live on 4 & 1/2 acres but we actually on the very edge of town. These days, I spend a lot of time working with my flowers and see all kinds of critters. I see hoof prints in my mulch where the deer bed down for the night & yesterday I noticed they are nibbling on my hostas.

Lyn, I like your view of the wild ice. I bet they cannot understand why we do the things we do!

Diane Replied:

I'm on several acres and have all my animals that keep me busy along with my hubby and 12 year old. I'm so glad to see you back. I am doing well with exercise but I need improvement with my eating.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I am totally a big city gal in the heart of suburbia! Thankfully, I'm in one of the older burbs that has paid attention to maintaining lots of parks and nature preserves. We have had a wildcat in our front yard, and a possom mama and babies out back; lots of squirrels and birds too! We have easy access to walking/biking trails and a 400+ acre park easily accessible by foot or bike. Still on team "wellness for life," spending most days at home or doing essential type outings, and looking forward to all of the extra activity that comes naturally just by being out and about more.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.