JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Pre-Keto!

Denise

I'm taking advantage of Lyn's encouraging post for August and going with Keto. It starts tomorrow. GASP! I'm an excellent starter and a lousy stick-with-it-er . This will help. Thank you Lyn for your post. What's the best way to stay accountable? I've made some veggie packs with above ground vegetables (snap peas and grape tomatoes). I think I'll opt more for nut butter shakes and not so much meat. I know I'm supposed to watch carbs but if anyone here is more familiar by experience with Keto, I would really appreciate your input. Thank you!

Lyn💛 Replied:

I am also a fabulous starter but a not so fabulous finisher. My goal is to both start and finish August strong. Oh...and to also stay strong in the middle! It is going to be quite a busy month for me so I am going to need to prepare food to have at the ready so I don't end up just grabbing whatever. We can do this!

Diane Replied:

I am guilty of starting strong and fizzling out. Not good, so I will try to do much much better.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

It's always a challenge to keep on keeping on when the excitement wears off, but that's in the "do it anyway" category for me, as I know that I feel terrible when I eat badly in quality or quantity, or get dehydrated. I need clean grab-and-gos, and on-plan things that I love readily available, and that makes it much easier for me. We have lots of easy dinners that I call "everything but the kitchen sink" salads, and it also helps to bulk cook and have easy meal preps frozen.

@Denise, I experimented with keto two years ago, and really found helpful info and lots of delicious recipes on www.dietdoctor.com. Keto ended up not being for me much at all, but my BFF Di loved it and thrived on it. I'm all for what works for each individual.

And yes, we can all definitely rock August with wellness. It's even more important these days to get well, live well, and BE well.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.