JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

On my way

Sue Ellen

Ok. I'm on my way slowly but so far so good. Down 2 1/2 pounds from Jan. 1st. I'm struggling with my lack of ice cream in the home but can see the difference from not eating it. Losses. So I will continue my plan to April when I get another blood lab work done. Hubby though is having trouble and is on meds. Pray for him to get a better mind set.

Diane Replied:

Congrats on the loss. That is great.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Hopefully you can find something to do to busy your mind in those times when you really want the ice cream. Sounds like you are doing great though!

deb Replied:

Sue Ellen ~ I can TOTALLY understand your feelings about ice cream and not having it!

Jenn J Replied:

Great job. My struggle is boredom and mindless eating. I have learned that I need to find alternates to keep around. The other thing I do is craft when I want to eat but I'm not hungry. Sue Ellen do you have a craft or another activity you can do in place of eating the ice cream?

Anna Replied:

Oh... the wonderful sound of ice cream and the horrible realization of DIABETES. I am so guilty of my love for ice cream. I say its is bigger than me. So much so that I went to my daughter's place the other day "but" got there before my daughter and grandson got home. My ice cream radar went to her freezer and got a bowl of some sort of chocolate peanut bit yogurt something or other... It was not a favorite kind and it was frozen yogurt but my brain did not care. It was cold and could fit into a bowl and I needed a spoon to eat it. I was caught red-handed... my grandson had a fit when he arrived moments later and tried to steel the bowl away to save my blood from sugar... I told him it was ok ... it was yogurt. A little white lie. But one sometimes lies over ice cream. Something that works sometimes is suggesting to my brain that I can have it another time or best yet... don't buy it ever and never ever buy enough so that it can not all be eaten at once because the freezer will call your name til the wee hours of the morn. Why oh why does ice cream prey on dieters and diabetics? The letters almost fall the same over these two words ... like a very sick joke. diabetic and diet... I guess we have to learn how to confront and over take the ice monster. It is but a mission that many of us have to tackle. I hope my little story made some of you smile. It is sort of funny how ice cream has such a hold on so many of us --- all ages and sizes! I wish all good luck against the ice cream monster.

Jenn J Replied:

My little devil is anything sweet. Pop, candy, cookies, ice cream.... it all calls to me.

Anna Replied:

lol, me too! But ice cream is the sweetest of all!

Sue Ellen Replied:

Jenn to respond to your comment about another activity in place of ice cream, I usually make some fat free sugar free puddings with skim milk. Being handicap and limited with any activity (physical) I keep busy with laundry and dishes when I can. At 73 now I am finding I'm more tired and bored. Still carry on the best I can though with my honey who will be 64 next month. (not a cougar-had alot in common) Hee Hee . I do thank you for the comments.

Sue Ellen Replied:

Anna, for me the ice cream started when going to the doctors as a child with a birth defect that when a good report was given my dad would say ice cream time... It began with a small cone, then to sundaes and to banana splits. Wow...how enjoyable was it! So now after a doctor visit I celebrate with ice cream however NOW I don't as much since I am aware of the temptation.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.