JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

2021 Healthiest Self Commitment Draft Idea

Anna

Here is a draft of sorts for our extra bit of commitment to ourselves and our SYD friends. I found the main part of the following online and then added info from our messages. If someone wants to put it into a pdf and make it pretty and/or add or omit I am ok with that... this is my effort for the cause. I think a, b, c and d can be written f
a little differently. it was part of the online commitment but it might be asking to much for people with physical limitations.

SYD Friends 2021 Healthiest Self Resolution
Weight Loss Commitment

I, ______________, hereby promise to lose weight and gain a happier, healthier life. I'm making this
commitment to myself and ______________ to make right now the time I choose to lose weight &
keep it off! I am ready to transform my body and to achieve the incredible lifestyle awaiting me!

Every pound I lose will:
Improve my energy
Lower my cholesterol
Reduce my blood pressure
Reduce aches and pains
Improve my sleep
Improve my breathing
Decrease my risk of a heart attack
Decrease my risk of a stroke
Help prevent Type 2 Diabetes
Increase my life expectancy

I recognize the benefits to my health and commit to:

1) Joining the "Let's Go All In " competitions (weight loss and weight loss percentage) for the year and tracking weight the minimum amount of times to keep your name above the line.

2) Posting to the message threads for the All In 2021 competition(s) at least once per week.

3) Entering a blog posting at least once per week. (Perhaps discussing our journey)

4) Leaving a comment on at least one other competitors blog to show our support.

This would be a pact that we make with each other and maybe one person in our personal life.

Steps to consider along the way:

a. Burning 3500 calories a week for a safe weight loss of 1-2 pounds per week.
b. Cardiovascular exercise (ie: walking, running, dancing, aerobics) 45-60 minutes, four to five times a
week.
c. Making better food choices - increasing my intake of fruits and vegetables and reducing my intake
of processed foods.

Signing this contract and making the commitment to lose weight means that I will live a healthier life
and be provided the chance to spend more time with_________________.

Diane Replied:

I love it.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Looks great!

Thulz💕 Replied:

Love it! Those benefits are pretty much everything I want to improve! The only thing I would add for me personally would be to Feel confident and comfortable in my own skin

Lyn💛 Replied:

I was going to say the same thing Thulz! But we will each have our own personal tweaks.

Anna Replied:

I think that it would be nice to make it as close to something that we all can use as possible. I can add that line. It sounds to me as well. I think I will tweak the exercise section so it fits all of us.

Jenn J Replied:

I think the exercise should be a weekly time goal that each person can break down as they are comfortable doing. As the weeks progress we can always increase it, but too high to start can lead to frustration.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Right, the basics will be the same for all of us but the specifics can be tweaked to fit us each personally. The real point is to consistently show up and do the work.

Jenn J Replied:

I would choose either a total time per week or a number of days a week. Let each person choose what works and be accountable on our message board. How does that sound?

Thulz💕 Replied:

I agree with what Lyn has said around specifics and that showing up and doing the work is what is important.

I was even going to go as far as to say "the steps to consider along the way" is probably going to be very different for each of us and we could talk about what we are doing/how we are doing on the weekly check-in on the ALL IN message board thread kinda like what Jenn said as well

Melinda Replied:

Looks great!! I love all of the benefits you mention!! I do think there should be room for everyone to edit according to their personal situation though. At minimum it should be a firm pact between our SYD family that each of us will be present and active for the duration of 2021 "Let's Go All In" competition.

I agree with "Thulz" that the "Steps to consider along way" part will be very different for all of us, and perhaps separately from the contract, each of us could outline our individual plan and year end goal on our blogs, and then discuss as we go. Personally I know my plan, and probably even year end goal will be changing along the way based on what is working for me.

Anna Replied:

Sounds awesome! I think the goal needs to be generic enough to reach each of us and speicifc enough that it keeps us engaged.

How does this sound as an overall goal?

I, __________________ plan to Lose _________ Maintian _______ Gain _________ in 2021. If I reach my specific goal by year end 2021 I will very pleased but if I go in the right direction or maintain I will also count it as a positive marker.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Good point Melinda, we need to be flexible along the way and change what isn't working, even if on paper it seems like it should. In the past I have made these huge lists of everything I want to check off in a day and when I can't do it all I think I have failed and quit. No, it wasn't a failure, it just wasn't the right plan, I should have started small and added to it. When we find ourselves off plan or wanting to fade away we need to readjust, not disappear. We can do this, we just need to LET ourselves be successful.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Thank you Thulz for starting this whole movement and thank you Anna for writing up the "contract" and thank you everyone for being here and chiming in! Ups and downs, we are in this together.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

@Lyn: great idea for smaller to do list and adding to it. I'm notorious for over estimating and feeling like I fall short when the list is never done.

Great input, everyone!

Jenn J Replied:

I think personalized lists or accomplishments, other than remaining present and committed, is the best way to achieve success.

I started talking to a counselor yesterday. I was telling him of all that has happened in the last year, not to mention last 2 months and he was amazed. He told me to come up with one thing every day to accomplish towards "Finding my joy" that is my overall goal of counseling. I feel great doing one thing as planned, and so far, have done more than just that ONE item/task. I'm taking this as a great success on my first steps out of my depression rut.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Good for you Jenn!

Anna Replied:

OK... I will try something generic and send a revised draft with for final a ok. I will simplify it and add your thoughts. Then I will add a few lines at the bottom for each of us to put our own "need be's".

I am unsure how we will get it to everyone in tack so it can be signed and put somewhere that we can see it and remember that we made a bit of an extra commitment to stick around.

But first i will get it to that point! It might take me a day or so but i will do it. Perhaps, the members that decide to partake can send me their emails through buddy chat?

Lyn💛 Replied:

You could just post it here and we can copy and paste it.

Anna Replied:

I would like to keep it in tack. Maybe I could post as a picture... That might work!

Anna Replied:

Start Your Diet Friends Resolution
365 Day Commitment to Our Best Selves

20 January 2021 / Today I Turn My Page / Best Life Best Weight Best Health

2021 Let's go ALL IN! SYD Members
My Friends & God, help me listen to my Higher Self as you and I make changes in my life that will allow me to live a free, useful and happy life. Help me to not find fault with all that I do and with those who cross my path. As I continue to stay on plan, help me be released from the cravings for food that are not in my best interest. Help me learn that food is to nourish my body so my spirit can carry out your plans for me and all of the goals that I have for my life. Help me be compassionate, trusting, forgiving, loving and kind to myself and others. Amen
Ultimate Goal
I, __________________ plan to Lose _________ Maintain _______ Gain _________ by January 20, 2022. If I reach my specific goal, I will be very pleased but if I go in the right direction or maintain it I will also count it as a positive marker. My Goal Weight is _____.

I recognize the benefits to my health and commit to:
Join the SYD "Let's Go All In " competitions (weight loss and weight loss percentage)
Post to the message threads for the All In 2021 competition(s) at least once per week.
Blog once a week and comment on at least 1 Resolution 2021 SYD Blog.
Exercise and Eat according to our own specific plans that will help us reach our goals.

Rewards along the journey to My Best Weight :
Improve my energy ; Lower my cholesterol ; Reduce my blood pressure
Reduce aches and pains ; Improve my sleep ; Improve my breathing
Decrease my risk of a heart attack ; Decrease my risk of a stroke
Help prevent or manage Diabetes ; Increase my life expectancy
I, _______________, hereby promise to work towards losing weight and work towards being my best self. I'm making this commitment to myself and ______________ to make right now the perfect time to choose to commit to the next 365 days to get healthy. I am ready to transform my body. Signed ______________________________ Date________________________

Anna Replied:

Note that it all fits on one page... I tried to upload but i can only do it in a pic. I think that this will work. Can be edited if need be. Lets post to our blog maybe just print your first name. That way, we wont worry about our signature being out there. I printed mine and will sign it. I hope this works and includes what we were all wanting.

Jenn J Replied:

I love this. It's a great way to affirm our commitment to ourselves and this group! Well done Anna.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

I would need to add one for me. "feeling lighter on my feet". I remember when I lost all my weight a few years ago, it felt so nice to be able to almost bounce, if that makes any sense!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.