JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

100 Days. Day 4: Boundaries, not diets

Jenn J

Today's Tasks:

In your notebook, draw a line down the middle of the page, creating two columns.

Label one column "Narrow road," for your actual diet plan. Label the other "Wider road," for your maintenance or alternate eating plan.

Under the titles, define your eating and exercise plans for each of these roads. Then decide on ways you can be flexible with them without losing sight of the healthy road you want to follow

Diane Replied:

Oh wow... big subject in our house right now as hubby got bad A1C results. We are discussing the narrow road versus the big road..... Perfect timing.

Jenn J Replied:

I saw your blog. I'm sorry this challenge has come to your home. My ex-husband was diagnosed with T2 diabetes while we were still together. Initially he was trying to get everyone (2 teen daughters and me) to go low carb/sugar. These girls were used to all the sugary treats he kept around. I had to explain to him that while it may be his diet, that doesn't mean the girls had to jump in with him. We could teach them moderation instead of elimination.

I wish you a smooth transition to this new lifestyle.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I connect with and live the wider and narrower road analogies. After years of yo-yo dieting, brushes with eating disorder, and topping off in the morbid obesity range for 20+ years, this mindset allowed me once and for all to get to a healthy goal weight and maintain a healthy range, which I did not think could ever be a reality for me, but has been for 10+ years now. It is a plan for life, not being on and off of a diet, and so important to find that wellness plan that you love for life! For me personally, I had to shed the weight s-l-o-w-l-y, and ultimately face the pain I feared to face.

Jenn J Replied:

Jeanne that sounds like an amazing realization. I'm working to keep this narrow & wide path. The last few days have been emotionally rough, so I allow myself a wider path. I maintained a loss for the month, but the last couple of days have had a slight increase. I'm getting back on plan today and expect to see a loss again.

Anna Replied:

I am learning that I will stray of the path sometimes and its ok. If I look on the "map", I will find my way back and realize that I am not lost. This weekend I veered off the path but I still walked both days. I am not reaching 10k steps easily but I did get 7500+ in yesterday. I am not losing my way, but finding my way. This is the thinking that got me here this morning. This week I will keep a narrow path so that I end my month out well.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

"I am not losing my way, but finding my way." I love this, Anna!

Jenn J Replied:

I really like your "finding my way" inspirational thought. I will keep this with me this week.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.