JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

100n Days: Day 6: Protect your program

Jenn J

Today's Tasks:

Watch for chances to respond to food invitations by using the line, "Not just yet; I'm going to wait a little while."

Identify at least three high-risk times or events such as family gatherings or quiet weekends. In your notebook, write down how you'll protect your diet program during each of these.

Do at least one thing today that reinforces your determination to protect your program at all costs.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

This really works! I found it awkward and I endured many negative remarks at first, but I have been doing it for so long now that everyone seemed to get the idea with enough repetition, and left me alone to be a big junkyard guard dog of my program, haha!

Diane Replied:

It is funny how family gatherings revolve around food. I have chosen to do better with my eating and to plan in advance how to handle certain situations.

Anna Replied:

I have been getting into a habit of making a soup with a fair amount of veggies into for lunch. My dad came over today before lunch and I offered him some soup. I has become accustomed to me making soup because he knows that i am trying to control my diabetes and weight. I think that you are right Jeanne, once they are used to seeing our efforts and boundaries, they learn. I have used the "not jut yet" method many times and it works. Its good to be reminded of it!

Jenn J Replied:

I find I say this to myself at times too. I will start thinking about something to eat and say...Not just yet. I have found if I can wait 30 minutes or so, then I feel great about not caving into unnecessary snacking.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.