JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

One Day At A Time Friday 1/8/21

Jeanne- CE!

Happy FriYAY in its own way today! How's your one day today?

I will be Clean Lean Green Jeanne no matter what. My MIL made the comment that even in war times, people still were cheerful, laughed over silly things, and celebrated as they could; and that helped people cope with various national crises and disasters. That was a comfort to me, as I do not want to appear overly lighthearted with so many heavy things in the world.

Today I will do what I can and let go of what I can't, practice, stretch and move, work on music room (which I've actually been avoiding- not sure why), plan and prep, take a chill break with Di. It's all good!

Lyn💛 Replied:

I actually left the house today, that in itself was a victory. lol I plan to do things around the house and hopefully do yoga. I'm walking around ok but certain movements still get me. We shall see how the day unfolds. I will do all the healthy things and feel all the happy feels. It is going to be a great day!

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Did not sleep well again last night. My fitbit said I only got 5hrs 10 min. I still went on the Treadmill and did a casual stroll to just move. Someone called in sick today and we had to hold our breath until her Covid results. Negative! Thank goodness. I kept telling her yesterday that she didn't sound good every time she called me. One time I was socially distant and I told her she had fever eyes. I should have sent her home, but she kept telling me she felt fine that she only had a headache. Luckily I'm in my office most of the time, however I do share a bathroom with her. I sanitized the whole thing this morning. My concern is that her Covid test results are not correct. She sounded horrible.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Remember all the "regular" stuff is still out there so likely she just has the typical winter stuff that goes around.

Jenn J Replied:

Alex, I feel for you. I am part of the vulnerable group. I don't leave my house often. I flew to Wisconsin before my father passed away, and hated wearing the mask for the 4+ hours of travel. We can't allow this to make us stop living. We have to live our lives and enjoy our lives because if we stop doing that...the virus (an oppressors in general) have won.

Jenn J Replied:

My challenge is trying to "enjoy" life after losing my dad. I am finding it difficult to do things I enjoy, knitting and quilting, because I feel like I should be grieving not being happy.

I start my grief support group next Thursday. I'm hoping that helps.

Lyn💛 Replied:

You can be happy and grieve at the same time.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Jenn, I imagine the grief support group will be very helpful. I'm not much of a group person, but I once experienced a year of repeated major, major losses, and the group really helped me. There was no judgement, lots of listening, opportunities to speak or not speak, and a huge supply of tissues.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.