JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

What mistakes to you do over and over again?

Anna

In one of my readings today it says that "we do not have to continue to make the same mistakes over and over again."

I think that I can have ice cream in the house and that I will eat it in moderation. I know that this is not true. I have learned that I can not buy the bag of Maple Cookies (I give it the respect it deserves with Capital Letters). I have learned from doing it again and again that it has some sort of power over me. So when I go to my fathers once in a blue moon I have one and I am happy. I need to learn this about ice cream. I feel that it is becoming a solid thought... that I have actually decided to give it the same respect as Maple Cookies. I think I will forever have to call Ice Cream for what it is to me - a food that I cannot eat in moderation so its best to never buy it as part of my grocery order. A cone in August from our local ice cream place --- perhaps.

Do any of you have similar stories of foods that you must also give a bow to and say you win - I am out?

Lyn💛 Replied:

Chili Mac. I can eat chili just fine and dandy but once i add in the mac i am powerless against it. Yeah, I know it is a weird one. LOL

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Lays, Simply Organic Potato Chips!

I'm not even buying it anymore! I can't, because I can hear them calling my name!

deb Replied:

I have to agree with you Anna ~ mine is ice cream as well! It just calls my name when it's in our freezer!

Jenn J Replied:

Mine is snack foods. Salty, crunchy, sweet and yummy. I just need to stop buying them all together.

Melinda Replied:

Takeout Chinese fried potstickers, with the ginger sauce. Nobody eats them in my house except me... I always think I can get an order of six and not eat them all at once

Jenn J Replied:

I feel the same way about food.

Anna Replied:

They say that knowing something is the beginning of being able to deal with it. I think that is true. Maybe the next time we are faced with should we or shouldn't we --- we will be stronger

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.