JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

100 Days: Day 20: Half-off special

Jenn J

Today's Tasks:

Divide several of your food items in half, then eat only that much.

Do this half-off special with at least five foods.

In your journal, record the foods you ate along with how it felt to leave half of the food behind.

Jenn J Replied:

I started doing this with much larger items. Today I ordered a Jimmy John's unwich. I have eaten half for my breakfast, and will have the other half for dinner. I will choose something else to have for lunch today

Anna Replied:

I will use my smaller plates and bowls tomorrow to force smaller portions!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I do this regularly with take-out meals. I have a slow body that waits about 30 minutes to tell me it's had enough food, so I have to remember to stop while I'm still hungry, which is hard to do, given my love of eating. I could so easily (and have many times) eat all of the super-sized restaurant portions. My BFFboy Bob lost and mostly maintained a 70+lb loss by doing this with everything: nothing off limits, just half as much.

Jenn J Replied:

What a great way to work at portion control. Just take half of what you "order" and have that. You can always have the other half later (2 hours or so) if you are still hungry. That's one of the things in "Life is Hard, Food is Easy" by Linda.

Lyn💛 Replied:

A lot of restaurants will package up half of your food before and just bring you out half on your plate and the other half in a to go container.

Anna Replied:

What a great service Lyn! I never thought of that before. I always only eat half if I order chinese. I don''t know how they would react but it would not hurt to try I think or at the very least, I could ask for a take out container before I start eating!

My daughter calls this "The don't eat so f....ing much diet". lol... She is not usually fouled mouth but whenever she decides she needs to shed some weight, this is what she does.

A friend of mine calls this the "Happy Medium Diet"... She has severe heart issues so cannot let her frame get obese so every few months she will do this regime. It usually starts with a cleansing soup for a week and then she goes on her happy diet. I like the idea for a lot of reasons.

As I think most of us know, the foundation of any diet is built with two things: 1/ Portions 2/ Choices

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.