JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

100 Days: Day 23: Savoring

Jenn J

Today's Tasks

Choose something to savor, ideally an Andes mint or a small square chocolate candy. As you eat, pay attention to the smell, the taste, and the texture as well as the sensation of swallowing it.

In your notebook, describe what the candy tasted like as well as how it felt in your mouth.

When you've finished, decide if you need more food or if you're content with what you ate.

Jenn J Replied:

I have a small package of mini M&Ms and I have been savoring them today. I will have one piece, wait a while have another etc. I have one package for the day. If I eat them one at a time, I really enjoy each one.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

That's a great idea, Jenn, but I don't know if I can do that personally. I usually portion out whatever I am allowing, and eat it however I want to. I do savor hot beverages of many kinds, though.

Jenn J Replied:

I grab the packages at Halloween and Easter candy varieties that are made for giving out small portions. Then I add the info into the database here and allow myself some small treats so I don't deny my like if sweets. Even my doctor liked this idea.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Brilliant!

Jenn J Replied:

This way I allow myself "sweets" but I limit myself to 1 package of a treat a day. Most days I don't even eat one, but I know it's there if I want it.

Anna Replied:

I understand the concept as I do it with shellfish when I have some. Scollaps, lobster and shrimp are my favorite foods so I try to savour every morsel. As an addict of sugar, I do not do so well with savouring. Perhaps my dad's fudge or Brenda's score bars. But that is done to prolong the fact that it will be gone in 3.5 seconds. I also can savour cheesecake. But again - prolonging the addiction. For me, the best decision is to abstain. And that is the best case scenerio. If I have one bite of something I really like in the line of sweets, it is the beginning of the end of that story until I get on the scale the next day.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.