JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

100 Days: Day 25: Smaller amounts, less often

Jenn J

Today's Tasks:

Write a list of your favorite foods. Put as many on the list as you want.

Choose three of the best ones and write a plan for eating these foods in smaller amounts, less often. Be specific about when and how much you'll eat.

If you wish, record the days and amounts on a calendar. For example, you might decide you'll eat bacon every Saturday, but limit it to two strips.

Jenn J Replied:

I find that allowing myself a few bits, or a little bit every few days is a great way to avoid cravings that will ruin my eating plan.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Nothing is off limits for me. I enjoy favorites regularly, but at this point most of the things I "crave" are healthy; and overall, I eat smaller amounts more, not less often. Lots of variety and enjoyment!

Phyllis Replied:

I have some things that I usually only eat when I'm out because having them on hand is still a problem for me, i.e.chips, French fries & ice cream.
The "smaller amounts" is still a problem for me but I'm working on it.

Jenn J Replied:

Phyllis, I have found that the longer I'm working with measuring portions, the less I over eat. I'm excited to notice this change

Anna Replied:

I control my portions very well now but mostly with non-triggering foods. I consider myself a sugar addict so I think abstinence is the best policy for some foods. I do make myself a thick smoothie though with frozen fruit and low cal yogurt and that gives me an ice cream treat without the ice cream. I actually don't like large portions of food anymore... Except for sweets... because of my addiction. But I am a work in progress. In the case of sugar, a little is never enough unfortunately.

Jenn J Replied:

I completely understand Anna. I too find it very difficult to limit sugar intake to small amounts, but found the proportioned candies for holidays like Halloween is a great alternative, for me. I can allow myself one of these treat packages a week and feel like I've indulged without totally crashing my food plan.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.