JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

How do you reward your success? Deal with your failures?

Jenn J

I am trying to find ways to reward my progress with noncalorie/nonsugar rewards. I am planning to buy something crafty when I hit 235. Then my next goal will be 230.

When I don't meet my goals, well, so far that hasn't happened. I want to think that I will be kind to myself and work to understand why I didn't reach the goal.

What do you do for yourself when you succeed? How do you react when you don't?

Phyllis Replied:

My next big goal is 169 which I was at before this year of Covid, our move to town and feelings of isolation.

Sometimes I get a new canvas and some paints, new walking shoes, or some yarn.
Over the winter I knitted 3 hats just to have something fast.

If you have space, a plant is nice and a constant reminder when you see it, especially a flowering one.
Continued good vibes coming your way!

Lyn❤️💛💜 Replied:

When I get 10 pounds off I pull out all my old clothes and see what fits me now. Feels really good to fit into things again, it's like shopping but free. LOL

Jenn J Replied:

Great Idea Lyn. I haven't done that in a LOOOONG time as I knew I was just putting weight on.

I'm thinking one of my rewards will be taking my day off alone (Monday since I spend Sunday with my honey) and do crafty stuff all day long.

Time Out (Alex) 💋🏆♥ Replied:

I love that Lyn!

Lately when I wasn't losing weight, so I consider that my failure, I would actually workout harder. Success' make me smile and work harder too. I used self sabotage myself, but now I know better that the key "CONSISTENCY"!

Jenn J Replied:

What do you do to over come a missed goal? I know that I have a good down day followed by a slight up tick but this has been a general down trend for my losses. I have no idea what I would do if I had a big up tick that wasn't just my normal fluctuations.

Time Out (Alex) 💋🏆♥ Replied:

I was gaining 1 lbs one and losing a 1 lbs the next. Or gaining 2 and losing 1. It was annoying, I just kept doing what I know will eventually show it go down.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.