JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

100 Day: Day 29: Hand-held foods

Jenn J

Today's Tasks:

Select a hand-held food item such as nuts, chips, or candy pieces. Measure out a precise serving such as one-fourth cup or two tablespoons, and then put this amount on a plate.

Sit down at a table with the food in front of you. Using a fork or a spoon, eat one piece at a time. Notice how it feels to eat your snack this way.

In your journal, write a few notes about how you will manage hand-held foods in the future

Phyllis Replied:

Not one I have much time for.
I do count out almonds, don't now eat chips, candy, etc.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

My hand helds are portioned; I do not eat out of the full container of anything.

Jenn J Replied:

Jeanne, i have started doing that. It used to be I would eat an entire bag of potato chips without thinking about it. Now I use a scale and measure by weight.

Phyllis, I wish this wasn't an issue for me.

Anna Replied:

I do one of three things... 1/ Decide not to buy anything hand held that I think I will save or eat over time. For me it just doesn't work if it is a sweet and even chips ; 2/ Believe for some strange reason that this time it will be different and my portion controlled baggies of the item(s) will make it to the next day and they don't in the end... and 3/ I buy the smallest amount that I can possible and enjoy it or worse I buy it because I do not let my decision go through my mind first.

With all that said, I am aware most of the time and try very hard to stay away from small things like M&M's and foods that I can eat in one sitting. Bars are a problem child though. Did I say that I was a sugar addict? Abstinence is my best policy and today I did very well. A good choice day.

Jenn J Replied:

Well done Anna. I'm getting there, but I'm not quite there yet. I have discovered that some of the sweets I used to love just aren't as good this year after my sugar reduction. I look forward to a time where I don't have urges to buy sugary treats.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.