JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

What do you consider to be a green dot day?

Jeanne- CE!

In the Track Your Diet drop down menu, green dot is weight loss, yellow dot is maintenance, and red dot is weight gain.

I have redefined it for myself, as I am in Maintenance of a healthy goal weight range, and joyous wellness for life. A green dot for me is more focused on a healthy mind set, and includes a rotating balance of other wellness checkpoints like hydration, stretching and moving, adequate sleep/downtime, and things that make my heart sing. It is possible for me to have an unhealthy mind set while technically staying within bounds. I like to consider the green dots to be affirming and not a constant reminder of falling short. If I take a green dot away, it is as a reminder of how much better I feel when on track, and is motivation to get right back to it.

The basic goal is to always eat clean with portion control whether I am feeling it or not, but I also consider it a green dot if I have planned special occasion treats and eats and enjoy them in moderation, or if life throws me a curveball and I have done what I could: i.e. getting stuck at a hospital or airport, or being a guest somewhere and served something I would not normally eat.

So it's complicated, but for me, it has to be a plan for life, and something to celebrate and enjoy!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I see my green dot days like you do. A green dot day traveling will look different than a green dot day at home. A green day when sick will look different than a green day well. I find tracking the green dot days to be helpful overall but tracking them as a string is not good for my mental health. LOL. If I can look back at a month and see all greens but maybe two days I am happy, but if I have a string and I have to keep starting it over it makes me feel like I am constantly failing. It is the exact same amount of green days either way but in my mind the one makes me feel good and the other does not. This whole thing is such a mental game. But overall, if I can live most of my days green, all will be well.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.