JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

100 Days: Day 30: Postpone eating

Jenn J

Today's Tasks:

Watch for places where you can postpone eating. Hold off as long as possible, especially with snack foods or sweets.

Record each of the foods you postponed, and then note how much you ate compared to your usual amount.

Notice whether by postponing eating, you're able to skip some foods entirely.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

This works for me, and I live by it.

Phyllis Replied:

Sometimes when I try this one I tend to wait too long and then overeat.
It is not always a good thing for me.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

It's a balance for sure, Phyllis. That has happened to me as well, but has gotten better with repetition and a better sense of whether I can walk away from it or will need to have whatever it is in a small amount- without waiting too long.

Anna Replied:

Since I am officially a grazing food addict I try to postpone as long as I can when I am "in the zone". Today I am making a genuine effort so I have it instilled into my brain and my mouth that no food gets past the gate until supper time which is not before 5pm and not after 6pm. With that said, supper will not take me an hour to eat so I must not manipulate the effort to cause it to not be a beneficial exercise. Communication seems to be the key. I decide the day I want to have and then I have to tell all my senses to behave...

Jenn J Replied:

We always have to remember that this isn't just a mind over matter situation. This is a whole body, whole spirit, and whole effort process.

Don't beat yourself up for it not being 100% every day. This is an ongoing process that we must work at every day. Anna, I love how you talk to your body about your expectations. Too often we forget that we control our bodies as it's a just part of being who we are.

My current postponing is related to my break and lunch at work. I start work at 1pm, break at 4ish pm and lunch 5:15. I'm getting into a habit of eating my lunch at 4ish instead of waiting for my actual lunch break. Today I will work a postponing this eating to my lunch break.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.