JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Pop/Soda/Coke - whatever you call the sugar sweetened beverage

Peggy 🎈

"Did you know that one sugar packet is equivalent to 1 gram of sugar? Imagine pouring 39 sugar packets into your coffee in the morning. Sounds insane right? Well, that's how much sugar is in one can of classic Coca-Cola."

Yep, that came in on one of my news feeds this morning. That would be a 12 oz can. Yes I know pop is certainly not a health food, but really? Wow.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I am happy to be back off the soda. That is some toxic stuff.

Time Out (Alex) 💋🏆♥ Replied:

I'm so happy I don't have a taste for soda and never have. Scary stuff, it shouldn't be legal.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

A must to avoid! When I was doing a strike sugar challenge, one of the recommended books was Sugar Blues, by Dufty- a real eye opener, and not for the faint of heart!

Jenn J Replied:

Have any of you read "Salt Sugar Fat" yet? It's about what the food production industry, and food science, have done to make us crave foods more.

I am back OFF soda/pop after my trip to Wisconsin. It was way too easy to fall back on that sugar mainline feed.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.