JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

When you fall off your plan...how do you avoid blame?

Jenn J

I fell hard in Wisconsin. I'm struggling not beating myself up for this. I know it was stress related, but I had a plan to eat well. I didn't. I find myself still struggling with blame and bad food choices. How do you avoid blaming yourself when you make bad choices?

Sandy Replied:

I don't. I blame myself but then I tell myself that I can do better... that I know better. And I prove it to myself by doing better. I think we all do it!!! You need to just move on. (Easier said than done!)

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I just flat out start over with the next day. Even if I still feel full from previous overindulgence, I eat my normal breakfast and then continue with an on plan day, because that kicks my digestion back into gear, and things move forward from there. I forgive myself and move on, knowing I have learned a lesson that will help next time.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

The blame game never helps anything, it won't change what has been done, so I try to just move forward and do the best that I can do where I am. Talk to yourself like you would talk to a friend having come home from a trip, you deserve that same kindness from yourself!

Jenn J Replied:

Lyn, that is the best advice ever. So often we beat ourselves up when we would talk to others with kindness and understanding. That's what I will focus on this week.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

What Lyn said really is the heart of the matter. I find it so natural as a teacher (and in all of my relationships) to be kind, patient, gentle, understanding, generous, loving, forgiving, and believing the best- not that I always succeed at that...I don't, lol! But still, why am I not also worthy of such lovingkindness? The answer is that I really am, and so is everyone else.

Jenn J Replied:

I think this is a general theme of Linda's 100 days. It's not about berating, degrading, or blaming....it's about positive thinking, awareness, and kindness to ourselves. Her wide/narrow road is a great example.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.