JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

What activities do you do to help avoid eating when your aren't hungry?

Jenn J :))

I try to play a video game, knit, or play games on my table. Sometimes I read a kindle book.

What things do you do to help you avoid snacking when not hungry?

To avoid emotional eating?

To keep your hands busy so you don't graze?

Lyn❤️💛💜 Replied:

I need to get up and get moving, like cleaning the house or getting outside or running errands.

Jenn J :)) Replied:

I try to do that too.

Anna Replied:

I try to avoid the steps that get me in trouble before I get hungry by having my brain ready for the onslaught of self-sabotage. It truly is the key to me doing well. I will eat a day's worth of calories before I have care to remember that I am not wise to eat the foods that I gravitate to when I am hungry. I also look at the clock (when I am in the zone) and say that I can't eat until the next meal time. Last night I closed the house downstairs as if I was going to bed and came upstairs to do my year-end bookwork. I wanted to avoid the temptation of the fridge and focus on the task at hand.

For me the goal is to engage my mind and then my hands will follow by picking up food that is good for me in the time frames that I allow myself to eat. lol... sounds pretty psychdelic when I read it! lol

Time Out (Alex) 💋🏆♥ Replied:

Chew minty gum. Not only does the gum keep you busy, the mint doesn't taste good when introduce food to it! Plus I love popping bubbles!

Jenn J :)) Replied:

I wish I could. I have a partial and missing other teeth. Chewing is a challenge.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I drink hot herbal tea, check in on friends and loved ones, stretch and move, practice music, plan and prep foods that support wellness, stick to my plan that was planned for a reason

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.