JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

100 Days: Day 34: Listen accurately

Jenn J :))

Today's Tasks:

Eat a meal or snack but stop right at the point of feeling comfortable or a plus one on the scale.

In your journal, describe how this level feels to you. Recall times in the past when you've eaten until you felt stuffed. Write a note that describes that, and then compare the two feelings.

Think about what it means to feel full or stuffed. Is it comforting or nurturing? Does having a full belly make you feel stronger or more confident? Are you getting away with something you couldn't do as a child? Record your insights.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

My body is slow to give signals of when I have taken in the right amount of fuel, so I have to leave the table slightly hungry to let it catch up. I like having a "happy belly": not hungry, not full.

Jenn J :)) Replied:

I kind of have the same issue. I spent so many years grazing that I have to be really hungry to get the signal I am. and it takes a while to get the full feeling. I try to seat slower and that seems to help a bit, but isn't 100% spot on.

Anna Replied:

I don't really trust thay my full and hungry buttons work properly. Let's face it, those buttons broke a long time ago for many of us!

I portion control my food before I prepare my meals and if I do overload because I am at my family's place I will take home what I could not eat for lunch the next day. I seem to be able to do this without feeling awquared.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.