JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

What are some of your favorite wellness sayings?

Jeanne- CE!

I have several 100 Days gems from the motivation tab here, but I learned a new phrase during my nutrition session yesterday: "crimes against wisdom," i.e. that we are in charge of whether we make choices that add to or take away from our true wellness and quality of life; and that every choice has consequences, whether positive or negative.

This really resonated with me, because it is so true for me that when I emotionally or impulsively choose something unhealthy, it starts a chain reaction of negativity without resolving the original stressor...SO not worth it!

This is a completely different from making an off-plan choice that IS totally worth it: something special enjoyed in loving company, such as a favorite treat from the past or enjoyment of a special occasion in a positive and loving environment.

Lifelong wellness learning!

Thulz🔥🔥🔥 Replied:

It's hard to choose just one but I'll share one that is really pertinent to my journey right now

"Every action is a vote for the type of person you wish to become. but to win you don't need unanimous votes, you just need the majority"
This is a reminder for me that perfection is not a requirement for progress.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Love it, Thulz!

Anna Replied:

I am working with One Minute One Hour One Day at a Time... I have been doing good since May 24th.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

That sounds great, Anna! I do that too, dividing down to whatever can be managed. Sometimes the greatest distance is traveled by adding up the baby steps.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

Whatever you are not changing you are choosing.

Don't dig your grave with your own knife and fork.

What you eat in private is what you eventually wear in public.

Next time you find yourself staring into your fridge, ask yourself what you are avoiding.

In any given moment we have two options: step forward into growth or step back into safety.

Thulz🔥🔥🔥 Replied:

Oooooh Lyn those are golden nuggets!

This just reminded me of my favourite Dr Phil meme

Diane Replied:

Love yours Lyn.. What you eat in private you wear in public... so so true

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Love all of these!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.