JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Quiet

Peggy 🎈

It seems all of the boards and messenger spots here are quiet. So we know you are alive and well, I propose each of us put a note on our blogs when we see this.

Question: How has the pandemic changed your daily life?

Of course anything else you would like to share is great. Just looking to get some conversations started.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

The pandemic hasn't really changed my daily life at all. I have always done a lot of shopping online, I have always done my real life shopping first thing in the morning when the stores are mostly empty, I have always been the one to wipe down my shopping cart before using it. The biggest change for me has been that we didn't do any of the parties or big holiday get togethers like usual. And I must admit, I have enjoyed that a lot. I love being home most of the time, I loved the built in excuse of not having to go anywhere, I love the lack of having to make small talk. I was kind of built for this. LOL

Time Out (Alex) 💋 Replied:

Like Lyn, I order a lot of clothes online, have always wiped down my cart (habit from when my boys were babies). Always carried and sanitizer on my purse and had some in my office.

Family has been a big deal for me and I'm definitely more aware how selfish people are. I get that we all have a choice for this vaccine, however I feel like some people are so selfish about it that I've actually made a statement towards some people that I know that aren't vaccinated and don't wear masks, "what about the mom or dad fighting cancer" and the reply was, "well they can wear the mask". So I definitely don't like the selfishness and lack of caring for others that I've seen people. It makes people look ugly. I worry about this attitude I see. So it's definitely changed my life on how I look at some people, and who I chose to be around.

Jenn J Replied:

I find that I have become way more isolated. I wasn't really a super social person before the pandemic, but now, I only see about 6 people on any given week. 3 are neighbors, my son, my honey and my step daughter. I sometimes feel like that's a problem as I like being around others, and then I feel like I'm OK without other people in my life. I'm torn.

I'm still adjusting to the loss of my father, and "in-laws" and now add in my ex (step daughters father) has had a stroke. This has shocked me. I am feeling pressure to deal with my "stuff" so I can move, and shed some of the baggage I have physically carried with me for over 20 years now.

deb Replied:

Like the rest of you, I also have done a lot of online shopping for many years. And I got into the habit of ordering my groceries online & picking them up in my car when I had my knee replacement several years ago. So....I continue doing that. I see my kids and their families regularly now so I'm not ,issuing them, but I must admit that I did miss their contact last year. I see my neighbors and just recently started to occasionally go out to eat with friends. I am a homebody too so I don't mind being at home without others around. My husband & I started taking weekly drives during the Covid stay at home orders and continue those, which I look forward to. I still worry a bit about the new variant so I do carry a mask with me,just in case, and we do avoid large crowds.

Sue Ellen Replied:

For me I believe more stress, which I than ate more Ice Cream and desserts and more intense fellowship with my husband. I am now trying to get back on track with presently no Ice Cream in the house but a lot of fresh fruit. Must be strong with my choices.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Like many, I have depended on online connections for shopping and for people connections that I would normally enjoy having in person. It has changed my daily life with an overload of screen time of the un-fun variety, resulting in bleary eyes and just a general sense of ennui: a word that I love that defines that state of listlessness and lackluster...different from depression, and more like a lower energy orientation. Having to wear a mask all day long took some of the animation out of my facial expressions and I am working on losing the RBF lol! I have maintained my faith and deep sense of peace, and am grateful that I live in a loving home that is my favorite place, was able to teach in person this past school year, and physically go to church several times to record music offerings or participate in livestream services. I feel changed by lack of energizing social interaction: with my special people, gathered in homes for lovingly prepared dinners and music making, or sharing a fun restaurant or live performing art experience of some sort. I have missed travel of all sorts, from wandering off alone or with my peeps, to bucket list type adventures. Also like many others, we were able to do home renovations and projects that literally would have taken years previously! I am figuratively in the process of shedding the shell of negatives, and hanging on to the positives, and looking forward to operating in full sparkle mode sooner rather than later.

Thanks for asking!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Quiet is right, Peggy! Is that crickets that I'm hearing?

Time Out (Alex) 💋 Replied:

As my kids would say, "I just heard a bear fart in the woods!" Don't ask, I'm surrounded by boys!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.