JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

100 Days Program Day 24: Eat for satisfaction

Jeanne- CE!

It has been key for me to make food and beverage choices that are delicious, satisfying, and on my eat-clean plan. If I am taking in nutrition that honors my body (my temple) in both quality and quantity, then the savoring never factors in. I do not feel deprived eating the way I do, and in fact, feel tons better!

The emotional eating is an entirely different animal, however. A junk food spree has nothing to do with nutrition or savoring, and in my case, never satisfied the true need, which was an emotional one. Curbing the emotional eating is huge; getting down to the brass tacks of the real issues that trigger this pattern of emotional eating that never satisfies, is very difficult work, but is life changing for the win. I almost never eat junk food any more, for any reason; and am not having to resist- I just flat-out no longer like it or want it. The transformation was far from overnight, but baby steps and eventually more ups than downs finally got me where I wanted to be.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I do this if I really want something but am too tired to make it or whatever. I'll eat something easy but it didn't satisfy me so I eat something else. Sweet to salty back to sweet. Or warm to cold back to warm. It's never good.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.