JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Visual migraines

deb

So....this happened this morning ~ I started to get the "tell tale" signs of a visual migraine ~ squiggly lines across my field of vision. I have had these on & off for over 20 years. The first time I had one I thought I was having a stroke! I recently went to the optometrist and my prescription has changed and I have new glasses ordered. Hopefully this will alleviate my visual migraine problem! When I get one of these migraines, I take 2 ibuprofen and rest for a bit and they usually go away. Does anyone else experience these?

Sue Ellen Replied:

No, however did have a black spot I was seeing on the side of my vision in the right eye
and goes and comes. Not always appears. I'm 74 though too.
Pray the glasses will work for you. Get well soon.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

Oh gosh, no, I haven't experienced this. I hope your new glasses help!

Sandy Replied:

No, Deb, I have not. It sounds really frustrating to have that happen. I hope the adjustments help you.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I had not heard of this condition before I've only heard of the floaters.Yours isn't an aging thing though if you've had them this long. Sounds like you're on track to kick this to the curb!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.