JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

100 Days Program Day 60: Create a stop sign

Jeanne- CE!

My emergency plan is to use my imaginary pause button and breathe deeply when I think of it in time. I would never be able to pull out a list or think through alternative choices of how to handle an intense situation. Things escalate in a flash in my world, because words can fly out of my mouth instantly and reactively-- a trait that defined me through young adulthood. I need to think before a harsh unvarnished truth pops out. Same applies to any unhealthy or unwise decision.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I mean, if this worked for me I wouldn't be in the situation I'm in. The emergency crew scenario is a completely different thing. From day one of getting the job they are trained in how to react. There was never a time when they had the habit of doing something completely different than jumping into action. But even if they weren't trained, when an alarm goes off you instinctively react in a way to help with the crisis.

Eating is a completely different beast. We have had a lifetime of unconsciously building these habits and reactions we are dealing with. There is no alarm sounding to remind us, half the time we don't even realize we've eaten the food until it's already gone. It's just an entirely different thing.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Totally agree, Lyn!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.