JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

This One Day- 12/14/22

Jeanne- CE!

Today after work, I plan to visit my friend Beth in hospice, who is down to her last earthly days. Beth and I worked together for 15 years at my last public school job ( we started there the same year) -- she was the choir director and I was the orchestra director. We disagreed on many major things, but always had a loving relationship. Our whole Fine Arts team always worked together and did lots of fun things with all of our students, rather than competing with each other. I even sang at her wedding! She is eight years younger than me, so this seems so unfair and untimely. She was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 2020, the year she was retiring, and she has fought mightily. A sad day, but in the grand scheme...It's all good!

deb Replied:

Oh Jeanne ~ I am sorry for your friend. I hope your visit brings you both some pleasure.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Thanks, deb! It's not a natural gift of mine to do these kinds of visits, but I was given the strength for the visit to go as I had hoped.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

...and as it turned out, the band director that was also on our Fine Arts team wanted me to be with him when he visited yesterday, so I visited Beth again, this time with him. It was bittersweet that we got to be together again-- three very different people who love each other anyway. It went well, but so, so, sad!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.