JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

This One Day- 12/26/22

Jeanne- CE!

I don't rip everything down the day after Christmas, nor do I judge anyone who does. It takes a long time to get our house decorated, and in the whirlwind of the holidays, I enjoy lingering over it all in peace, once the holiday blur starts coming back into focus. As far as the wide wellness road goes though, I like to get solidly back to the plan that I love, the day after Christmas, as opposed to waiting for the new year. Planned wide road is still in place, but I've had a couple of unhealthy eating days this week that reminded me of why I rarely choose to go completely off-road. Surprisingly, my weight is still riding below goal weight, but for me the green dots are about wellness and my mindset, not the number on the scale.

Gary is leaving for San Antonio this morning to see his mom and brother, after it didn't work out for the Garymama to travel, considering the cold and everything that's going around. I'll go on my own in a month or two, but am actually thrilled to not be going now having just been there for Thanksgiving, as a little bit of biofam goes a long way, and I'll treasure the peace.

I am getting "New Years" cards in the mail today, and may or may not venture out for a little bargain retail therapy. I plan to neaten up, freeze or throw out leftover food, and in the name of wellness, get outdoors, practice, and peruse healthy recipes. Oops this turned into a blog, but there you have it! It's all good!

deb Replied:

Very well thought out & said, Jeanne. I also do not take my Christmas decorations down until we'll after the New Year. But, Ido understand that some people decorate way earlier tha. I do so they are ready to be "back to normal" right after Christmas. Enjoy your time on your own and good for you for stepping right onto the wellness wagon this soon after the holiday!

Nutmeg Replied:

I'm not waiting until New Years to start either. I'm on here sporadically at best and I need to start being more consistent. My goal starting 11/29 was to just maintain my weight until Christmas and I couldn't manage to do that. I need to get things under control. My balance an strength has really gone down hill over the last dozen years and I don't want to get to retirement and not have the physical stamina to do the things I want to do. I fell on my most arthritic knee twice in October and I been using that as an excuse not to be as active. The last time I fell I was playing pickleball and I haven't gone back since. I still don't think it's a good idea to play pickleball until after I'm back from my next trip in April, because I don't want to risk messing up another vacation but there are so many other things I could be doing and I need to make more of an effort.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Nutmeg, awareness is an important part of the wellness journey, and you are there. It's that awareness phase that gets the wheels turning, and then moving forward to deciding where to spend attention and energy, and why.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I like to have all my Christmas decorations down by New Years. I love putting them up, I love how they look and make the house feel, but then I also love having them down and having more empty spaces for the eye to fall. I'll start with my tree because it's the hardest and then I'll slowly take down the rest. But today is for recuperation. I'll slowly clean things up around the house but no real work will get done.

As for getting back on track, that starts immediately. I'll still have different foods for a while as there is family in and we will be doing meals differently than when I have control over my food but I will be mindful and work my way back into my normal eating habits. And once I rest up from the exhaustion of the holidays, I will get back into my yoga routine.

Diane Replied:

I think I will take the tree down today and get it put away while the weather is nice. It goes out in a storage shed. I do leave my villages up until the end of January because I love the lights on them. Here's to a good day.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.