JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Foods that help/hurt

Sandy

Does anyone know why bananas cause my weight such fluctuation? I've recorded everything and there is clearly a pattern of weight increase when I eat a banana. Is it coincidence or is there a reason my body doesn't process bananas the same way as other foods?

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I have the same issue with watermelon. I mean, watermelon should not make you gain weight but for me it does every single time.

Diane Replied:

Interesting. I have no idea

flower Replied:

Bananas are high sugar which would create a high osmotic situation causing you to retain water would be my guess

Sandy Replied:

Interesting.... I have had watermelon recently without that effect but then, I'm not sure because I don't have it very often. The banana thing makes sense, flower. I know fruit can be really tricky... but it's SO good! LOL

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Sometimes I cannot find rhyme or reason as to weight spikes. Yesterday morning my weight had spiked up 1.4 lbs, after a clean green day in moderation, eating healthy foods that I had prepared. Then bing! Right back down this morning.

deb Replied:

I really truly believe that although we all may have some foods that make us retain fluid or add a weight gain, it is just our bodies doing their own thing. Sometimes we retain fluids for one reason or another and it results in a bump up on the scale. I tend not to worry about small fluctuations like that. Our bodies are remarkable in how they adjust to our environment. It's kind of a miracle really!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.