JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

A new opportunity to reach goals

Sandy

Thulz... I'm coming for you! You are still ahead of me on overall pounds lost but I plan to keep chasing you! Eve is right on my heels. Who else is in the race with us to reach our goals? There's never a reason not to chase those goals you've set.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I'm back on track and ready to see some progress!

Thulz ❤️ Replied:

Hahaha thank you for that fire under my ...

I can only describe my progress as languishing since the month started and I need to get into high gear

Sandy Replied:

Talking about it... thinking about it....
That doesn't get it done. I'm the queen of good intentions. Put your mind to it and get it done! The pay off is worth it. Let's get healthy!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

So true, Sandy! The payoff really is worth it. Now that my age starts with a 6, I am seeing friends who seemingly had "gotten away with" all kinds of unhealthy choices, and now they are being diagnosed left and right with various serious health issues that likely could have been prevented. Please get well and be well! We can't help if some big thing goes wrong, but we DO have the choice to live well or to just limp along in ill health. I mean this lovingly; I am just sad to see so many in my life ill and dying way too soon.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

Yes. Of course, I want to look better, I won't lie and say that isn't important to me. But more important is my quality of life, both now and later. I need to get this in check now.

Sandy Replied:

Jeanne I see it too. At 67 I am seeing friends who are on oxygen or are getting diagnosed with so many health issues. Quality of life is really affected by your health habits especially once you get to this age. Thank the Lord I quit smoking years ago. That is the worst one!

Lyn you can do this. You do such healthy things in your life so I know you are already on your way. I agree that the weight is not only unhealthy for me... it is part vanity. I love clothes and now at this weight I dread even getting dressed. Just losing 10 pounds has helped me feel better about how I look but the toning from exercise is the real difference. Can you commit to your yoga or some type of exercise ? It's made such a difference in how my clothes fit. There's nothing wrong with admitting that part of my motivation is vanity! Whatever it takes I figure!

How about the rest of us? What is your motivation? How can you make one small change that will bring about some progress to your goal? Can you do IF? Can you exercise every day for 15 minutes? Can you stop eating at 7 PM? Can you limit alcohol to fewer days a week?

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I'm doing IF and working out most days. I just forget to log it most days. LOL. I'm also focusing on WFPB.

Harriet Replied:

I am limiting alcohol and going out drinking water.
It makes a difference.

Sandy Replied:

Good for you Lyn. I wondered because I know you do workout. Not sure what WFPB is... am I having a brain fart?

I am doing those same things Harriet. Way to go. It does make a difference. Keep it up.

Sandy Replied:

Good for you Lyn. I wondered because I know you do workout. Not sure what WFPB is... am I having a brain fart?

I am doing those same things Harriet. Way to go. It does make a difference. Keep it up.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

Whole Foods Plant Based

deb Replied:

I was wondering what WFPB was too! I thought I missed something!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I knew, and am awaiting my prize!

Harriet Replied:

going down. So exciting

Sandy Replied:

Good for you Harriet! Keep that momentum going! I don't see you on the competitions... have you ever thought of joining? You're really only competing with yourself but it's just another motivation.

Thulz ❤️ Replied:

Sandy. I heard it's lonely at the top. I'm on my way to keep you company. Hahaha

Sandy Replied:

Thulz you sure are! Wow! That was such a nice surprise to see your March loss! Keep it up. I need the push!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.