JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Texas Tragedy

deb

Senseless gun violence ~ why does it happen? I am at a loss for words regarding the deaths of all the innocent children in Texas yesterday. What causes someone to do that? What pain or hardship were they going through to think this was the answer? I am full of questions but fresh out of answers. My heart aches for those children and their families. Something needs to be done to stop these acts. Is it more gun control? Is it more mental health assistance? I just had to vent......THIS MUST STOP!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Yes, Deb! I am sick over this, especially as a teacher and a TX resident, and just vented huge on FB. I am so grateful for the many peace-loving Lights and Loves in my life!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I can't even imagine what these families are going through. The ripple effect of this will never end. So sad and so senseless. I wish I had some insight or answers but I am at a blank.

Sandy Replied:

Our country needs to stop arguing about guns and put better mental health care into place FREE and accessible to all. Of course gun issues must be adddressed but since that is such a hot topic, do the mental health in the meantime! All of these shootings come back to mental health issues! I'm so sad but I'm also so angry. Why can't we figure this out?

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I agree with what everyone has said here. @deb that includes your comment on my blog here that I copied and pasted from my FB post. In my peace-centered mindset, there is absolutely no justification for anyone to be able to independently purchase, much less use an assault weapon capable of firing several rounds almost instantly; and has nothing to do with people who are properly trained with hand guns or firearms used for hunting and law enforcement.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.