JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Accountability check in: week of 6/12

Jeanne- CE!

I'll start a new thread of this weekly to keep the scrolling down

Yesterday I did make my music practice and yoga goals. The key for me is to do do these daily goals before mindlessly yet endlessly doing chores that are not crucial within that day.

Today I will also practice music, and do a full stretching workout that targets neck and shoulders.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

Full day today so I knew I would not be able to fit anything else in. My accountability will start tomorrow where I will definitely workout. My new rebounder comes tomorrow so I'm excited about that, my other one is starting to scare me. I will rebound and yoga. Tomorrow, not today. LOL

Diane Replied:

I went to a wedding shower yesterday and did quite a bit of traveling to and from so not much going on exercise wise. I will do better starting Monday. I also made a goal on my blog to check off my daily goals.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Yesterday I did manage music practice and the neck and shoulder routine. Today I've already been out walking with G and the grrrls; but plan pt stretching and moving, upper body weights, and more music practice.

It is helping immensely to not let the exercise and music get crowded out with minutia. I don't know why I ever let that happen, but I do. For now, I'll just continue what is working no matter what, and hope to goodness it becomes a habit one of these years, lol!

Diane Replied:

I did my yoga and I can see progress.... actual progress. I am very excited!!!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Love it, Diane! I'm "doing it anyway" even whenI don't feel like it, because the benefits always catch up to me and make me feel strong and well.

Yesterday I did a lot of physical activity and ate clean, and was up a pound; probably because my body is reacting to the uptick in intentional exercise, and padding itself with extra cushioning fluids, lol!

Today I plan music practice and home yoga; no idea when, though!

Diane Replied:

Today I will do a little swimming with the family. I will also do yoga. I was so stiff in my inner thigh and lower back I could not bend over and pick stuff off the floor or even get in child pose. I can do that now with ease. Do you know how good that feels. Being limber is key to enjoying life.....

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I'm going to go do yoga right now.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

Yoga done.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

My focus for the day is exercise and hydration. I'll let you know how it goes.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I did make abbreviated versions of yesterday's goals. No excuses here; I know I have to make my wellness work no matter what. In my teacher off season, I have been getting to sniggly little hassles that I never have time for during the school year and honestly don't want to do, i.e. scheduling things like appliance repair, replacing shower floor, duct cleaning, making actual progress around the house.

Today I will complete an online abbreviated Bikram yoga, and practice clarinet and voice before getting to anything else on the endless list. That is where I get into trouble: I tend to peck away at "the list" and let it crowd out the important things. This has always been true for me, but this summer it is really hitting me over the head to change the behavior pattern, which I also don't want to do, but will do anyway!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

That's my problem in a nutshell, the list always comes first. Even when I try to trick myself by putting health goals on the list.

Diane Replied:

I am trying my household list and only doing what is on there... I hope it gets easier so I can do the take care of health list that should come first. I will do my yoga and I have another massage this afternoon to help with my tight back/hips. I'm looking forward to that. Making it a great day.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I did get to my yoga and practice yesterday, and will do my pt/stretch/upper body weights, and practice today, regardless of how many unnecessary-for-today items are on my list. Not easy for how I'm wired, though, but I will do it anyway!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

Today I will yoga and hydrate.

Diane Replied:

I have already done my yoga. I think I will try to do my walking dvd as it is extremely hot here today. I also have my water jug filled up

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Yesterday did not go as planned, in a good way! Everything errand longer than planned, but with some unexpected fun (that included lots of walking). I spent way longer than anticipated at Floor & Decor, but walked out with my stone tiles and grout, and schlepped them to my car and loaded them. By the time I got home, I was all about meal prep for our dinner guests; it was all great!

Today I'll get back to dedicated pt and upper body weights.

Diane Replied:

I think today I will work on basic exercise... abs and doing some weights. I may try to do my walking dvd ... since I didn't yesterday.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

Yeah, I did fine on my hydration, not so much on my yoga. Today I will do both.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

Done and done.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

The music practice, pt and weight training happened last evening as planned. Have already walked today, and am making way for yoga and music practice to happen.

Diane Replied:

Yoga and walking today and having fun in between.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.