JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Accountability check in

Jeanne- CE!

Is anyone interested in stating a daily (or periodic) wellness goal and then following through?

If not, I'll just briefly include my intentions on the daily This One Day thread on the message board. Personally, I could use this, as I have been ever-so- gradually allowing myself to crowd out things that are truly more important than social media and other screen time distractions. And given my ocd tendencies, this is in a spirit of self-love, for those days that take an unexpected turn.

For example: Today I will be accountable for intentional exercise and music practice.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I'm interested!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Well, in the grand tradition, my first accountability check in was a bust! When I was in weight loss mode, I often got sick (which rarely happens) right when I had made a renewed committed to a wellness routine. Yesterday, I had actually carved out and reserved time for music and yoga, and ended up on a customer service chat for four, yes 4 FOUR hours, over a mobile phone service situation that never did get resolved. Let's see what today brings...maybe a compensation of a free phone and service for life, plus a lottery dream home, lol! But enough about them.

Surprisingly, I'm at deep peace about it, ready to shake the dust off my feet, give thanks, and rejoice in a new day. What can ya do? We've all been there, and we need to take care of ourselves no matter what, do what we can with what we got, and look ourselves in the mirror at the end of the day knowing that what we did was enough.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

That's just it, sometimes life happens and we can't do what we had planned. And that's fine. My problem comes in when I actively avoid doing what I had planned until it's too late and I can't fit it in.

Diane Replied:

I could use accountability.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Definitely, Diane! And Lyn, I do some active avoidance as well; that's a tough nut to crack!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

On the bright side, I do believe my phone issues have been resolved; and my Oscar clip with customer service did net me a free latest and greatest phone aka $800 credit. It will not get me my time back, but it is something!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Happy to report that I did manage an abbreviated yoga/pt session and music practice last evening. It goes against my nature to not do something to the fullest, but it really did feel better to do what I realistically had time for rather than do nothing. But still!

Today's plan for music and yoga is to fit it in this morning, before it has a chance to be crowded out.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

Today's accountability will be intentional exercise and meaningful cooking. I'll let you know how it goes!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I've exercised but not cooked anything healthy. Although, I had stuff frozen so I've still done okay on the food. But it wasn't my plan...

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

Update: I got myself into the kitchen and made some healthy stuff. A quinoa/black bean dish with peppers, onions, corn and fire roasted tomatoes. And something I made up with a bunch of mushrooms, squash, carrots, onions, peppers, red lentils and a whole lot of swiss chard from my garden. (the swiss chard was the only thing from my garden). And a butternut squash "cheezy" sauce to pour over each. Everything turned out great.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

That sounds delicious, Lyn!

I actually did fit in both yoga and practice yesterday, and it felt good.

Today my goal is also intentional exercise and music practice; that's my indefinite accountability goal, yet those parts of me get crowded out by a lot of "have tos" that I sometimes allow to choke out my wellness plans like thorny weeds. Working on it!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

Today my goal is intentional exercise and hydration. I tend to avoid both. LOL

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I did manage to practice and do yoga yesterday. This focus on accountability is really revealing to me how driven I am to knock out EVERYTHING on my to do list, even when I am down to piddly things that don't have to be done that day, and it is getting in the way of things that make my heart sing. But why would anyone do that?

Today, my birthday, I will live well and BE well, however that ends up playing out.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I made my goals yesterday but my exercise was done half-hearted. Today I have the same goals but hope to do more than just drag myself in there and do it because I said I would.

Diane Replied:

I managed to get a massage yesterday which helped my hips/legs. I hauled off 5 bags of donated clothes. I am working on my closet still but having to rewash clothes as I was allergic to a new laundry detergent I bought...took about a week to make me break out. Here's to another great day.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Today I'll get to my music and yoga before getting lost in what doesn't matter as much; had an early morning walk already with G and the grrrls. Texas heat is upon us!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I didn't make a goal for today, I knew I would be too busy. Tomorrow will likely be the same. My accountability for tomorrow will be to take food with me so I can eat clean.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.