JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

It finally happened!

deb

So...I decided to put this here. For 2 years I have managed to avoid contracting COVID, but it finally happened. My son & his 2 girls were here last Saturday and they called me Monday afternoon saying he & his wife both tested positive! Sure enough, later that afternoon I started getting a sore & scratchy throat. I tested the next morning but it was negative. Symptoms continued and I retested yesterday morning & it was positive! So, the doctor prescribed Paxlovid and I am on my 2nd day of that. I am getting thru this but am feeling pretty rough. I can only imagine how sick I would be if I hadn't been fully vaccinated & boosted!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

Rest and hydrate. Sending positive vibes your way!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Rest and heal, dear deb!

deb Replied:

Thanks Lyn & Jeanne

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

How are you doing, deb?

Diane Replied:

How are you doing Deb.... My dr told me when I had it last year to take deep breaths and walk around to keep your lungs clear.

deb Replied:

@Jeanne & Diane ~ I am doing much better, thank you both! The Paxlovid has helped a lot, although it leaves a strange metallic taste in my mouth ~ ugh! But that's a small price to pay if it keeps me from becoming very sick. Diane ~ my DIL (a doctor) told me the same thing about keeping active and taking deep breaths.

Sandy Replied:

I'm so sorry Deb but am thankful for both the vaccine and Paxlovid. It has helped several of my friends as well. This is such a nasty virus. I hope your ill effects are minimal and that you are soon up and feeling well again.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.