JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Looking for a few positive vibes

Jeanne- CE!

Thanks! I'm having gum tissue grafting first thing in the morning; 8:00 Central time. I have had more dental procedures than I can count, as the result of a bad bike wreck several years ago where I broke 8 teeth and got pretty banged up. It's been ongoing care since then, plus just normal aging and wear and tear. Not to dwell on the past that has passed, just a little backstory. It's ok to look back, just don't stare! Thankfully, my gum tissue is very healthy, just damaged. I don't do pain meds, but will do the round of antibiotics (insert eyeroll emoji here). This is when I'm thankful to be a health nut and let my body do what it needs to do.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

Will be sending you positive vibes! I hope it turns out to be easier than you expect it will be!

deb Replied:

Oh my goodness! I truly dislike going to the dentist so hearing this makes me cringe. But it sounds like you have everything under control Jeanne! I wish you a quick recovery!

Joan Replied:

I'm sending positive vibes your way. May the grafting go well and your recovery be quick!

Thulz ❤️ Replied:

Positive vibes and warm thoughts coming your way!

Indeed you've let health be your anchor

Sandy Replied:

Oh that makes me cringe. I too have had so much dental work... due to my cleft palate. I wish you quick healing and positive thoughts. Will be thinking of you Jeanne.

Thulz ❤️ Replied:

Jeanne, 7 days on how are you feeling and healing?

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Sweet of you to ask, Thulz! All things considered, it's going well, and the pain and discomfort are within healthy expectations. I'm practicing patience in being more sedentary in order for the grafting to take, and my first post-op appointment is a week from Monday. The added challenge this week was my husband coming down with covid right after my surgery and having to isolate, leaving me to all household and furfam responsibilities. The greatest thing is that we have help when we need it-- loving and caring people right next door, in our area, and across the world yet connected (like you!)

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I don't know where that weird little emoji with the goggles came from...I swear I did not click on it, LOL!

deb Replied:

You have a lot on your plate right now Jeanne. Sending you positive vibes & a BIG <<<HUG>>>

Thulz ❤️ Replied:

Happy that it's going well with no complications

I'm sure it is very challenging to have your hubby also be out of commission at a time where you'd probably planned he'd take on more to allow you to heal and rest up
But my sense is that even more sedentary time would be quite testing for someone like you
I'm really glad that you have help when you need it, that is truly a blessing

Will keep you in my thoughts and also sending a great big squishy hug!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.