JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Walk to Minnesota Week One

Sandy

Okay ladies... we didn't all make it to Lyn's house. I think the airlines lost Francy! She was on her way and now there's been radio silence. I have our mileage but not hers, so I'd like to wait until she reports in.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

Maybe she was flying Southwest. LOL

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

deb Replied:

It's pretty foggy here this morning...maybe her flight was grounded due to weather!

deb Replied:

I don't mind hanging out at Lyn's for a bit longer until Francy arrives, Lyn makes a delicious cup of coffee and I'm not sure if Oscar is ready to leave his comfy home yet!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

He's too busy tearing the place up to want to leave! haha

Francesca Replied:

Here I am my friends, didn't you see me but I'm walking behind you !
I made my report on other board (Walk to Minnesota starts 9th jan). I copy here:

Here I am! My wednesday report is the following: 8200 steps.

I didn't count the steps made during my daily routine, but just those made intentionally to increment exercise.
My daily routine is quite active (I can reach easily 12.000 steps) but clearly has not been successfull so I'm goingI to only wear my pedometer for walks added specifically for this initiative.
More is better when it comes to exercise.

Francesca Replied:

Made my report too early? My wednesday starts earlier than yours!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

You live in our future Francesca!

Francesca Replied:

Sandy Replied:

It all works. I will calculate and report back to you on our progress!!!! Glad you caught up to us!

Sandy Replied:

I have a question for you....
As I have said, this is your program and I am just your recorder.

Do you want to 1) walk alone and record your individual miles or do you want to play a form of "best ball" where 2) we travel as far as the fastest person travels or do you want 3)an average of the four of us be the miles we travel each week.

1)Walking alone motivates you to try to keep up with the group but I'm not sure if the lead person will feel the need to slow down.
2)This keeps us together, which is fun, but will it still motivate you to keep walking the most you can?
3)This keeps us together too but again, does it motivate you?

I will do whatever you want. This first week our lowest mileage was about 4.2 miles and our highest was about 7.5. It won't take long to spread us out... which is just fine, but I wanted to know what you think.

Francesca Replied:

Sandy, I thank you for your effort, I just hope this program doesn't take you too much..
Are you going to walk with us? I would love it!
If we have just to record miles/steps, we might use a competition maybe? So SYD would count steps for us..
Among the three options you propose, i would better be motivated by seeing you all are doing better than me, and I have to hurry up my walking to reach you
If you calculate the fastest or the average I would relax for sure
Anyway I will agree with your choice whatever it is.

deb Replied:

Sandy ~ are you going to post all of our miles somewhere? I'm not embarrassed if I'm the slowest. If everyone lose doesn't mind seeing the other's mileage, I say we post them. I think that would motivate me to get moving more. But it is entirely up to you (& of course everyone else). If we're at different places, it would be fun to have us "catch up" with each other to have lunch or go shopping! LOL . Like Francesca said, I don't want this to become too much of a burden on you Sandy. I will agree with whatever you (or the majority) decide. I would be interested in Seeing how the calculations work and seeing my mileage!

deb Replied:

So I guess I didn't answer your question! I am voting for option 1

Sandy Replied:

Hahaha! You continue to make me laugh and yes I am walking too. I went to Lyn's to start so I need to get home. I don't mind weekly tracking at all.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.