JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

How many plan their meals to stay away from the red lines on SYD?

Anna

I set up my homepage to show me my meals for the day and when I I go over. It's an extremely good visual for me. I am staying under my 1200 calories or very close but I am still using up too many of my cals in fat and sugar.

My goal is to get to goal this year so really watching those two numbers carefully and trying to figure out ways to steer clear of the red lines....

Anyone else doing something like this?

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I don't do well with strict meal plans. Probably why I'm fat. LOL

Francesca Replied:

I would love to be able to plan meals in details, and prepare them ahead. If I skip the planning I will eat (and my family will eat) random meals, generally too much something (too fatty, too animal based, too carbs, too little veg) .
So planning is a survival matter for me.
Since I cook for four, I'm not enough focused on myself so I'm just able to cook enough veggies not to have to eat too bad, but I'm not in control on calories
I'm trying to figure out how to plan and prep ahead, will have to sacrifice a whole sunday for that but I suppose this is the solution.

Anna Replied:

Interesting. I fell off the wagon for two days but am back on track today. As myself as my own experiment after years and years of being a yo-yo dieter I can understand what went wrong.... Other than just me being me.

First, I was diligent in planning and weighing and eating my breakfast and lunch.I used the weekly planner nd adjusted daily as I needed to. But we like about 100 foods that can be plugged in if we know it's what we are going to eat anyway...

I winged supper but did fairly well most evenings (for last week) but I spoke to Brenda on how I needed to do the Same with my evening meals as I was doing with my two first meals BUT I was not acting on what I was telling myself and her. Step one to failing was in the making! I held on and lost a little everyday and felt in control until day 5. I went out for supper and said to my silly self that Friday's would be my cheat night. Lol, my self said sure! Let's do it.... And the funny thing is that I prefer good real food over fast food anyway. This is the part of all of my weight loss journeys that I do not understand. I prefer healthy food!!! Now the sweet thing is a different box of cookies. That is sweet addiction and diabetes all rolled into one. I fight this battle on a whole other level.

In order for me to break bad "habits"... I have to tell my "self" and my brain and my hands and my mouth all at the same meeting what I have done and what I don't want to do next time. I won't put the infinite "never again" on the tableau because I am planning for a day and a week at a time. Just today is not quite long enough for my brain to stay focused for the long haul...

So here I am starting week two. A little bruised because I did well for 5 days and not for the last two but I am going to listen to what I said at the meeting I had with myself and plan tonight's supper today, ENTER IT INTO SYD as I do for breakfast and lunch and then eat said entries. Yes, sometimes planning g for a week takes time and small changes can and will be made but I think the planning and the numbers game gives me half a chance of getting it right. Volume eating is almost worse than anything because at least when I eat a big meal of some fast food or fries and whatever I know I am eating bad. If I at twice as much food that I am supposed (other than lettuce) it goes against the efforts and number goals that I am supposed to reach... so measuring and weighing is important. And after awhile, it becomes second nature. Lol, that what I heard myself say at my meeting, hahaha!

But do you know that 1/2 can of tomato soup has several grams of sugar? Only realized that last week when trying to stay under the red line! Why I didn't realize that before I don't know but now I can't un-know it.... No wonder I love sloppy joes!

All this to say in a tongue and cheek way, Here goes week two. Which is better than most eating plans I have made. Sometimes it takes me months to get back on the wagon when I fall off.

The SYD weekly planner is good and putting the nutritional bar on your home page works... the red line is easily observed ... so over the top.... But hopefully it will keep me 8n check!

HERE GOES...

Anna Replied:

I think you do just fine Lynn! You help us in so many ways with your words and I am sure you help yourself as well! Planning is the effort to do! I am sure you do just fine!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.