JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

This One Day- 1/26/23

Jeanne- CE!

So glad to have my clarinet (the baby) back; it was great to play again! Today after work I'm picking up diva/travel bud Susie for a quick jaunt to Austin for two nights. I gifted her with a private myofascial release session at Lake Austin Spa Resort, and I'll get a facial. We're just staying at a Hampton since the spa is exhorbitant and only a full option every few years. We'll be day spa guests tomorrow and have full use of several wonderful facilities. It's all good!

deb Replied:

Wow! You sure do get to travel a lot Jeanne ~ Good for you! Enjoy your spa day!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

Have fun, Jeanne! I've been busy with the dog today. He has good days and not so good days. LOL Today has been difficult but it has also been a great day!

Nutmeg Replied:

Have a great spa day Jeanne!

I'm not working today so I've used my exercise bike and done a YouTube beginner Masala Bhangra workout.

Wondering what works best for all out you for weight loss. I've never blogged and I'm wondering if that might help me stay on track.

I know some of you have regular routines (arm exercises, etc.) you do. Do you like in person classes, stuff you can do at home, changing things up constantly, sticking with the same thing all the time?

It's been years since I tried to lose weight in the dead of winter and I'm finding it challenging. I can't wait until spring when I can do yard work and long bike rides.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

@Nutmeg:

You have a lot of fun and interesting ideas to share!

I've written many blogs over the years, but really prefer the interaction on the message boards. I like checking in briefly every day and seeing what others are up to as well. It is also affirming to me to track the green dot days on the message boards.

The biggest thing that got me to goal and kept me there is being consistent in getting enough sleep and rest; followed by clean eating and drinking enough water.

I used to do in person yoga, but have not resumed that since the pandemic, but have found some you tube trainers that I like: Yoga with Adriene, and arm exercises with Lucy Wyndham-Read.

My husband and I get out early mornings with our dogs for at least a one mile walk 5-6 days a week followed by arm exercises, and I stretch almost every night before bed. I also enjoy changing things up--lately I am adding in more yoga and routine physical therapy exercises that I have done in the past that are still beneficial. I love bike riding too, but prefer that in warm to hot weather. We're very outdoorsy in general, and most of our vacations involve hiking.

Hope the feedback helps! I Know always enjoy learning what everyone else is thinking and doing in the name of wellness.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.