JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Walk to Minnesota will start January 9

Sandy

We will start tomorrow. We are all starting at Lyn's home in Illinois and walking to a favorite restaurant of mine in St. Cloud.

It sounds like some are counting all their steps each day, so let's report our steps each Wednesday. Whatever steps you got from the last time you reported until the end of the day on Tuesday.... report to me on Wednesday. This week we will only have Monday & Tuesday but that's okay. It will show us if we all understand what we are doing. I will do a new post each Tuesday so that you can report your steps to me on Wednesday and we can update. My blog will have a running total too if you want to go there.... it's sometimes easier on a blog than on the message board.

So... thus far I have Deb, Lyn and Francy. Anyone else or will it just be the four of us? Anyone is welcome wether your daily step count is 2,000 or 10,000. I think I've thought of a fun way to keep us going and incorporate all levels of achievement.

Sandy Replied:

You made me chuckle with your messages! Here we are Lyn! We are ready to go! If anyone wants to join us along the way... you are still welcome!

Remember to record a step count each day and then report the TOTAL of your steps to me on Wednesdays.

Good shoes, water bottle, and we're off!

deb Replied:

This will be something to keep us moving thru these long days of winter! Such a great idea Sandy!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I'm ready, coffee and tea and water are available for everyone and I'm bringing my dog along to hopefully wear him out a little.

Sandy Replied:

Great idea Lyn. Dogs are welcome. What's his/her name?

Did everyone get some steps in yesterday? I will convert steps to miles and figure out where we are when you report in on Wednesday. Tomorrow you will report Monday & Tuesday's steps and then start our first full week.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

Dogs name is Oscar. I actually took him out for his first official walk yesterday and he loved it.

deb Replied:

Roger & I took a drive yesterday so I didn't get as many steps in as I intended but all is good. We drove to see a new pharmacy that the guy who bought our pharmacy has opened ~ he is a nice young man with a LOT of energy. Our GPS took us in some pretty narrow back-woods roads that were pretty sketchy but it was a fun adventure!

Francesca Replied:

Yes! Sandy I have to thank you, yesterday you made me walk intentionally just to count my first 6000 steps! So happy to have something that motivates me!

Francesca Replied:

Here I am! My wednesday report is the following: 8200 steps.

I didn't count the steps made during my daily routine, but just those made intentionally to increment exercise.
My daily routine is quite active (I can reach easily 12.000 steps) but clearly has not been successfull so I'm goingI to only wear my pedometer for walks added specifically for this initiative.
More is better when it comes to exercise.

Sandy Replied:

Thanks for the report Francy! I will record your contribution. Good going!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

My miles for this week are 7.51. If you'd rather have steps it's 17,831. I'm counting all my steps, you'll see that there will be some very low count days in there but I'm trying to up it!

Sandy Replied:

I don't care which way you report it and I don't care who does all their steps and who does just intentional walks. This is your program.... I'm just the recorder! Do you think Oscar did about double the steps you did? LOL

deb Replied:

My step count for Monday & Tuesday of this week is 10,400

deb Replied:

S...I'm confused (kind of a normal state for me lately). . For this Monday & Tuesday, did my step count start at my home or at Lyn's where we're all meeting?

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I think the step counts are starting from my house.

deb Replied:

Well all righty then! If that's the case ~ let me tell you Lyn how much I enjoyed seeing your house in person, and thanks for the much- needed cup of coffee!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.