JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Walk to Minnesota

Sandy

I need to move so I'm starting my own walking challenge. I used to do these in my job and I miss them.

Peggy and I live in Minnesota so I think you should all walk here to visit us. I know some of you live in Georgia, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan, California... and Thulz needs to fly (virtually) to the states and start somewhere in the US. Let's record our walking and see how many of you can get here so that we can have lunch (virtually) together. Look up your miles to reach St. Cloud, Minnesota and start walking!

Here is a printable way to track your miles if you want to use it. https://www.simpletrackers.com/free-printable-walking-log-pdf/

I will try to keep everyone's mileage posted so that we know how far you've gone. I don't intend to count my daily steps.... only my intentional walking, but you do you. If it works better for you to just count your steps at the end of the day & record it, do that. If you want to only count actual walks, do that. There really aren't any rules. It is just to motivate us all to move!

Let me know if you want to join in! Peggy... you can do something like going to visit someone and walking home or just recording your current walking program steps. Whatever...

I'm starting tomorrow, January 9! Who's with me?

deb Replied:

I'm in! I just posted in your blog Sandy that it is 811 miles to St. Cloud from my home! Whew! Where do we post our miles? In this message? I hope we're going to have a nice lunch when we get there! Maybe we could do a conference call to visit once we get here!

Francesca Replied:

I wish I could join but I have to calculate distance first... since I come from Italy
but the idea of coming to visit you is sooo charming!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

It's 638 miles for me. Francesca, I'm close to the St. Louis airport so you could virtually fly there and then virtually walk to MN from my house!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

And I will be counting all my steps.

Sandy Replied:

That's a great idea Lyn. Maybe everyone wants to fly to your house and walk from there. Up to everyone to decide but it could be fun! Maybe I'll come too so I can walk with you.

Sandy Replied:

From Lyn's house to one of my favorite restaurants in St. Cloud, MN is 640 miles. Do we all want to start at Lyn's and walk to that restaurant? I will make up some things for along the way and plan a celebration for when we reach the restaurant. What do you think? Are you in? Lyn is it okay if we all virtually come to your house to start our trip?

Sandy Replied:

We will travel from southwest Illinois through Iowa then on to central Minnesota. Kind of a cold time of year to do it...LOL but it will be fun.

Francesca Replied:

What an amazing idea you had!
You are going to motivate me to walk like no other!
I'm in for sure! I will fly to Lyn's house and start the walk with you. It is so inspiring that it makes me want to walk with you for real and celebrate together over a nice lunch!

deb Replied:

Ok ~ sounds good to me! When should we "be at your house"? Lyn? LOL that will save me some miles since it is 811 miles to St. Cloud from my home. So I guess we just start whenever?

Francesca Replied:

Well, just found a flight to St. Louis, have to change in Munchen (Germany) and in Newark, it's 22 hours total but for tomorrow 16.00 CST I'll be at Lyn's door with my pedometer and a good pair of warm shoes

Francesca Replied:

(in the meantime I'm calculating how much daily commute I'm able to convert from car to walk) LOL

Sandy Replied:

You guys are funny! You better be flying right now! (virtually of course)

We will start tomorrow. It sounds like some are counting all their steps each day, so let's report our steps each Wednesday. Whatever steps you got from the last time you reported until the end of the day on Tuesday.... report to me on Wednesday. This week we will only have Monday & Tuesday but that's okay. It will show us if we all understand what we are doing. I will do a new post each Tuesday so that you can report your steps to me on Wednesday and we can update. My blog will have a running total too if you want to go there.... it's sometimes easier on a blog than on the message board.

So... thus far I have Deb, Lyn and Francy. Anyone else or will it just be the four of us? Anyone is welcome wether your daily step count is 2,000 or 10,000. I think I've thought of a fun way to keep us going and incorporate all levels of achievement.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I'll be here ready and waiting for you all!

deb Replied:

I'm ready to go ~ my bags are packed & I have my credit card ready to go. I sure hope we find some good places to shop on our way! I may need to stop for a new pair of walking shoes! And Lyn ~ I could probably use a cup or two of coffee when I get to your place....I don't think you drink coffee, do you?

Francesca Replied:

My friends I'm halfway there! First flight went well, lunch on board was a little out of bounds since I ate also dessert, but this week I promise I get into the right mindset.
Glad to start this trip with you. Have to thank Sandy for this amazing idea!
Are we going to count steps or distance?
Lyn, I I will arrive with a bouquet of flowers to thank you for a coffee when I arrive, better than bringing a cake, right?

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

How fun, everyone! Sandy, you hit the jackpot with this idea!

I'm not a step counter, but at the very least I walk a mile a day with the hubs and the crazy Dal grrrls; and am very active in general. I won't really know where I am on the journey, so I'll just pop in on the fun, and use whatever superpowers are needed to coordinate with everyone's arrivals! My home town is 991.8 miles from St. Cloud, according to Dr. Google!

Sandy Replied:

Jeanne do you want to just record your best guess of steps each day? I'm fine with that. Or just pop in like you said.

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I'm not a coffee drinker but I will have coffee and tea ready for all! And yeah, I think we can squeeze in some shopping along the way. LOL

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

@Sandy, I probably need to just pop in.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.