JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Let's quit snacking! SUPPORT GROUP

Francesca

Can i do a little experiment?

I see that one of the damages I do most often to my diet is to snack between meals. A few days ago I noticed that my meals had been planned and prepared correctly and if I had limited myself to those, I could have said that I had eaten correctly and certainly in a calorie deficit.
My little unscheduled snacks on the other hand took my day completely off track.

Now I would like to play this game together, hoping it will be useful not only for myself: let's report back here all the between meals that we have been tempted to eat and which we have NOT eaten.
A sort of list of small daily successes, in the race towards greater awareness of what often sabotages our best intentions.

So whoever wants to can write below every time they are about to bite into the unexpected chocolate bar and put it in the drawer instead. If you like, you can add time, precise circumstances, type of food and level of difficulty that required us to resist the temptation
... come on girls, let's resist together!

User Photo

Francesca Replied:

I'm going to start this thread with my first act of resistence:

at 9.20 pm I didn't eat that half sandwich with mozzarella and salade that my son grilled after dinner and didn't eat - estimated calories 150

at 23.30 pm I didn't eat that cheese leftover with that cracker before bed (that which would also ruin my sleep due to reflux) - estimated calories 100 + bonus advantage: better sleep

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

Woo hoo, good for you!

Sandy Replied:

This is SO me. I do so well but then I blow it with little snacks. I will gladly report them here... in hope that it shows me what damage I am doing!

Francesca Replied:

Sandy, I'll be happy if you join this thread! Here we'll report the snacks we were able to resist to
The ones we ate are gone, but the ones we did not eat are a success to be celebrated and reported!

Francesca Replied:

at 16.00 pm I didn't eat that chocolate-covered nougat that I casually found by opening a drawer in the kitchen - estimated calories 120

at 18.30 I refused to stop "just for a coffee" after a long walk with my friend - estimated calories for the sugar in the coffee 30

Sandy Replied:

CUPCAKES!!!! I'm not even a big sweets eater! I made cupcakes for my granddaughters who come here on Mondays during dance. I ate 2!!! Both were frosted! That was about 5:00. My meals were great yesterday and I had one sugar cookie for 67 calories as my sweet for the day. Then I ate cupcakes! Dumb!

Francesca Replied:

at 8.30 pm I didn't eat that choco rice bar that was soooo light - estimated calories 85

Francesca Replied:

Sandy, forget those two cupcakes. They are gone, you are not dumb, you're human: I bet your cupcakes were delicious and were there to be enjoyed.
Now we focus our attention in looking your upcoming success in quitting casual snacking A delicious tempting piece of something is coming your way to challenge your temper and you are going to WIN!
Let's find that one!

Sandy Replied:

I didn't have any snacks last night. I've been so tempted to eat after dinner but last night I did not.

Francesca Replied:

Yes, Sandy! Well done!

Sue Ellen Replied:

My temptation snacking is at bedtime when I go in for the night and take my water or diet soda and then a cup of Cheetos or Pretzels. I will start tomorrow night with only water to bed. No more snacking in this time frame. Not joining your post but was nice to read. May let you know how I am doing towards the end of the week or month.

Francesca Replied:

Sue Ellen, I'm happy to have your end of month report here, hoping it could be useful for you

Francesca Replied:

I'm not doing well with my snacking, I don't have any good choice to report

Sandy Replied:

Me either Francy. I am worse than ever but I am starting over on Wednesday with Lent.

Francesca Replied:

Happy to report something good:
wednesday ev + thusday ev + friday ev I avoided any evening snacking (I usually eat a cookie or two)
saturday afternoon I refused a slice of cake at my youngest' friend's birthday party
Hope to add many entries here next week

Francesca Replied:

Have to do better with my snack quitting, since recently I'm not avoiding it.
If I count calories from those snacks I put together half a meal.. This is a big issue.
I won't lose an inch if I do not take care of these kind of falls

deb Replied:

Snacking has always been an issue with me ~ especially at night! I have been pretty good for the past 5 days....I just hope I will be able to keep it up. Tonight will be a good test. My husband has a poker game on Thursday evenings & I usually spend it catching up on computer stuff and watching TV & SNACKING! Why do I do that? Anyways, I will try to resist that urge tonight or at least make it a healthy snack like veggies or fruit!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I've been doing better since I've been tracking. I hate doing it but it does keep me honest.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I do still have stress eating relapses once in a blue moon; but it always makes me feel terrible physically and emotionally. I would like to claim a victory that I didn't stress eat during our severe weather that moved over our area last night. It was bad enough that we had to hunker down in our storm shelter with emergency supplies, a cat and two crazy dogs. We were spared thankfully, but all I wanted to do was eat anything and everything in sight while we were waiting for it to hit and after it blew over, but I didn't.

Francesca Replied:

You did a great job! Quit casual eating is so hard yet so effective!
Let's focus on this together!

Francesca Replied:

yesterday evening I didn' eat a second slice of apple pie.
this morning I didn't eat a third slice of bread with chocolate cream
These are typical slips I do.
I'm thinking that if I save 200 calories from these slips every day for a year, it would be 6000 in a month. Since 7000 calories means 1 kg of fat loss (2.2 lbs) in a year I would lose 10 kg (22 pounds).
This count could be just theoric but I like it so much

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.