JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

Loss Focus

Sue Ellen

I know you all have heard this before however I am not only mad at myself but do not know how to get back the fire I had where I loss 10 pounds. The loss of my 4 paw friend brought such emotional feelings I guess I gave up.
ANYONE ELSE had this happen and how did you regroup?
No Pressure in replying!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

You have been through a lot of stress and sadness. Yes, in the past I have been through loss that I did not handle the way I would have liked. I pray and meditate, get my body moving or at least spend time outdoors, reach out to people like what you're doing, and do what I know to be healthy anyway, one choice at a time, whether I feel like it or not. All the best to you always!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

I have been there too, Sue Ellen. I wish I knew the answer, for me it took time to get back in the frame of mind for working on myself again. You're here asking the questions, hopefully that means you're ready to get back at it.

Sandy Replied:

I think it happens to everyone. You need to grieve and then get back on track when you're ready.

deb Replied:

Sue Ellen ~ it is so easy to be derailed on our weight loss. It has happened to me more times than I can count. Be kind to yourself & give yourself time to heal. Losing our pets is difficult. You can do this ~ remember slow & steady always wins the race!

Sue Ellen Replied:

Thank you for all the kind posts to me. I appreciate it so much. In my mind I want it however in my flesh I want to eat all the wrong snacks. I see my husband buying 20 bottles of Coke sugar free soda and drinking a liter bottle plus more sometimes daily and I feel left out from my Ice Cream.
I know Ice Cream is not good for diabetes yet I feel what he is doing is not good for him who is on meds for diabetes. Am I making any sense? Am I jealous? At 75 I want to enjoy the snacks I liked without getting in health trouble. I do have to lose weight so any suggestions on this? IF YOU WANT TO REPLY. thanks

Sue Ellen Replied:

Been back losing. Getting my mind back on track. One day at a time no matter what the scale may say.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Good to hear!

Lyn❤️💛💚💙💜 Replied:

That's great, Sue Ellen!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.