JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: Labor Day to New Years Day

Anonymous

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: Labor Day to New Years Day - which runs from 09/02/2013 through 01/01/2014.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Welcome! I would love for you to join my challenge and message board and together we will get fit and fabulous during this holiday season! Once Labor Day hits, the holidays will be here before we know it! Surrounded by candy/sweets/treat/etc., this year, let's band together and commit to staying on plan and taking care of ourselves during the holidays and beyond!

My goal is to look and feel FABULOUS on New Years Eve!

A little about me, my highest weight 240 and my lowest weight 165, and I am current right in the middle at 199. My ultimate goal weight is 130.

Sue Ellen Replied:

Good Morning Janell. I just checked out your message and first want to say my goal is 130 as well for the end of this year IF I stay focus. My problem is my husband and I will be going away from Sept. 6-8. So my numbers may not be good. I lose very slowly when I am on track. Would like to try though.....

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

My first goal is to get down to 160 by my birthday next June; when I started this journey a few weeks back I was 295. Currently I'm ahead of my goal. Once I hit that goal and get within the outer limits of overweight/healthy I plan to start phase II and get down to the 130 range to be in the 'middle' of what's considered good for my height and body type.

Tick Tock Replied:

To me, these are 4 of the most challenging months of the year. Particulary by mid-October. I am going to work especially hard during the next few months to really make a difference. Sure would like to be in maintainence at the beginning of 2014. Well, that's the goal... the rest is up to me. And yeah, I want it bad enough this time around.

Sue Ellen Replied:

Janell, I signed in to your competition and look forward to see how many more will join with you. I am still part of the Classy Ladies group as well till Dec. 31 2013. Maybe being in 2 groups will help me with motivation. Keep me informed of any info please. Thanks.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Hello Ladies! Thank you for joining my challenge! I apologize that I forgot I started this, so I had not even checked our group!

I am excited to get to know each other and work together to reach our goals!

I would love some ideas on how to keep us motivated, and would love your input.

Alison Replied:

Hello ladies! I just joined this challenge today, as well as a few others for motivation and encouragement. My end goal is 112 lbs (I am only 5 ft). Currently I weigh 190, reducing from my highest of 194 lbs, and my lowest was 130 lbs. This time around I'm focussing on 10 lb increments, as well as the goals set out on this site. I'm working on being more active and getting quality nutrition.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Hi Alison - so glad you are here! Would you all like to have a weekly challenge, like exercise, water intake, no sugar, etc.? Would love your ideas and input. Janell

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Hi, I just joined too. My name is Elizabeth. I don't know why my name on the graph says Anonymous. I'm trying to figure that out. I'm hoping this competition will give me the accountability I need to achieve my weight loss goals! It looks fun; thank you for starting it. Staying in the competiton will motivate me to input my weight each day. And inputting my weight each day will motivate me to stick to my healthy method of eating!

Pinkdream Replied:

Welcome Elizabeth! To show your icon so it is not anonymous you need to go to your contact card under community. There is a button to push there that will change it so we can see you. Good luck on the challenge!

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

GOOD MORNING LADIES!

Today, I am challenging myself to get ALL my water in!! How will you challenge yourself today?

Also, I am always curious as to what others are doing to lose weight - are you on a specific plan? Clean Eating? Low Carb? what works for you?

Janell

Alison Replied:

Hi everyone,

Today I challenged myself to get my steps to 10k. I surpassed this and managed just over 11k. Just as well since at weigh-in this morning I had GAINED 1 lb. Tomorrow, I'll be working on getting all my water in, and STICKING to my plan - loosely Clean Eating.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Thank you Janell. I did my card. Good luck everyone!

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

I got my water in today!! And perfect clean eating! Alison - way to go with your steps!

Alison Replied:

Water 10,000 steps Clean Eating

Pleased to say solid day on the programme, and I realised as I was doing my steps today that even though I gained 1 lb at yesterdays weigh in, I still managed to lose 1.5 lb for the week, which is my goal so a reason for a sense of achievement.

Ladies, cheering you on to a solid day on whatever programme you're following or target you've set for the day.

Tick Tock Replied:

Hello Everyone! I am trying to get all my water in today. It sure is a struggle to do that. Otherwise, I am on track, eating the things I should, cursing out the things I shouldn't! haha. Have a great day folks!!!

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

great job ladies! i find that if i drink my water through a straw, it is much easier! i have a nice 24 oz water bottle with a built in straw and i just make sure and fill it 4 times a day to get my water in - makes it easy to track too!

Donna Replied:

I'm walking in the morning @ least 5x a week

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Good Morning! The weekend is almost here - are you prepared? Any challenging situations you will be faced with?

Sue Ellen Replied:

Hello ALL...I joined too. I struggle a lot with ups and downs on the scale. I have kept off 30 pounds but need 15 more to go. I am short 4'11", 65yrs old, and limited with any exercise. I do not consider this dieting anymore but trying to change my eating to be healthy and to lose. I am doing the Weight Watchers points program though I do not attend and waste my money paying them to tell me I have gains or a little loss. I find myself stressing over it each time I get on their scale. So I weigh in daily with my husband on our scale and keep track on a color coded calendar used from Linda Spangles' 100 days to Weight Loss and here with charts and graphs. I enjoy SYD and chatting with others as I no longer work, have no children and stay home most of the time.
As you can tell I share (chat) a lot. So will stop so you don't get tired.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Welcome Sue Ellen! I love your color coded calendar - I am a very visual person, so I have charts everywhere! I am also chatty - we will get along great!

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

How is everyone doing? I am having a fantastic week! Hope you are too!

seceretgarden (Susan) Replied:

I've joined too! I love all these competions and I am in loads of them!
( I started my own too.....challenge of getting the fiber you need everyday )

Alison Replied:

Good week so far, increasing daily steps and/or intensity. Hope you're all having a good week.

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Good Morning Ladies! how is everyone doing?!? It is a new month!!!

Sue Ellen Replied:

Started with a small gain this morning but have not been feeling that great. Not concerned. Onward I go.......

Karen Replied:

I'm in and it's going to be a great month!

Tick Tock Replied:

October is just going to be amazing!!!

Donna Replied:

Breaking my record of 12 pds lost in a month.

Tick Tock Replied:

Woohoo Donna!!!! That is COOL!!!!

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

LOVE THE ENTHUSIASM! Keep it up ladies! I am almost into my 80's - haven't seen that number in a long time!!!!!

Tick Tock Replied:

Janell, that is awesome too!!!!! Let's keep going ladies!!! It's gonna be such a great month for all of us, I just know it!

Karen Replied:

My number started with a 24 this morning...something I haven't seen in awhile...here's to keeping on being successful.

Tick Tock Replied:

SNOOPY DANCE TIME!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

Love all the enthusiasm and success!!! I have set a HUGE goal to lose 20 by Thanksgiving and will reward myself with a SHOPPING TRIP! I also have an amazing Ralph Lauren winter jacket that I bought 5 years ago, and I have never been able to wear it. My ultimate goal is to wear it this winter!

What are you looking forward to?

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

I have had the BEST week! I can't believe I have lost 7 pounds already this week - must have been retaining a ton of water, but it feels SO good to get back into the 80's!!! I am SUPER EXCITED! Is everyone ready for the weekend?

Tick Tock Replied:

Janell, that is just SUPER!!! AND you are in the 80's!! WOOHOO!!!!!! I am super ready for the weekend, and will make it a great success. My ultimate goal will be to finally enter a maintainence phase since being on a weight loss journey of some form or other for the past 26 years!!! OMG, I can almost feel that day!!

Contact Card Symbol

Anonymous Replied:

That is fabulous - what an accomplishment!!!!! I look forward to that day myself - as I have also been on some type of weight loss for many, many, many years! Have a great weekend! Janell

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.