JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: Average Daily Steps - May 2018

Time Out (Alex)

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: Average Daily Steps - May 2018 - which runs from 05/01/2018 through 05/31/2018.

jenny Replied:

Sorry Rajatt I question your calculation of the amount of calories burnt in a 4 mile walk. Clearly it depends on your weight but on average all the calculators say a 200lb person will burn approx 150 calories a mile, that equals 600.

Lyn Replied:

I must say, I am looking forward to getting out and walking again! The weather has not been cooperative but tomorrow should be nice, I am ready to start racking up the steps! It still amazes me to hear myself say that because there was a time I had to talk myself into keeping going just to make it half a mile, now I do 4 and love it. All I need is for these storm to stop!

jenny Replied:

No problem Rjatt, I am not being critical of you I would just not like another person to believe they could burn that many calories. Wish we could

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

I think the best way to calculate the amount of calories you burn is by using a Fitbit or something equal to it that has all your stats, including heart rate. Everyone is different and it does not matter what the computers say.

When I did not have a Fitbit it would say I burned 800 calories on the Elliptical. Once I had the fitbit and did the same exercise for the same period the average was like 400. I will never use a computer to tell me what I was burning. It's just not accurate, because we are not robots, we are all totally different. What might be more difficult for one, might be easier for another.

I can do one exercise video today and burn 300 calories, and tomorrow do the same exact video and only burn 200 calories because my heart rate never went as high. I compare it everyday and I know the days I work harder I burn more.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

How's everyone doing?

My goal is 10,000. I was doing well, until I did a rest day yesterday! Did not get my goal in. Trying for it today. So far not on plan for it. Will have to walk the dog a little more times tonight!!
She's going to love me!

Lyn Replied:

So far so good for me but I know there will be a day I don't make it out and it will drive me crazy. I am enjoying my good numbers while they last. LOL

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Lyn, I think it's great to get those numbers up high for those not so good days. I never got mine yesterday past 8,000, so I did not meet my goal. Trying for it again today.
Keep up the good work!

Lyn Replied:

Well, you know me, I'm usually hit or miss so I am really trying to be consistent with this.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Keep it up Lyn!

Yesterday I got a little closer, however did not make my goal!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.