JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: 2018 Weight Loss Total

Lyn

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: 2018 Weight Loss Total - which runs from 01/01/2018 through 12/31/2018.

ThulzTheThriver! Replied:

I'm losing a 100lbs this year and intend to use this competition to track that.
Please let's keep this thread active?
How do you feel about committing to checking in once a week to keep our commitments on the forefront of our minds? Whether we are doing good or bad or neutral, how about giving that gift of attention to ourselves by checking in once week? If you think about it, it's only 52 check-ins
I think perhaps that is the game-changer we need this year

Lyn Replied:

The trick is, like you said, to show up and check in whether we are doing good or bad. It is always easy to show up when you are on a roll, but it is also way too easy to disappear when things are not going so well. I will commit to be on here a lot and I hope others will join us!

Nutmeg Replied:

I can't commit to checking in 52 weeks straight, but I'll shoot for checking in 3 weeks a month. I try to drastically reduce my use of electronics when I take time to travel and that's an equally important commitment.

Nutmeg you are being realistic with what you can do and you have put the intention out there of what you can and are willing to do. That's awesome.
The most important thing we can all do is to then honor our intentions.
I truly believe this is the missing step that is going to help us this year!

Danita you are spot on!! My mentor has been saying this for the longest time and when I got to a point of rolling my eyes that's when I realized that perhaps it is time to heed her advice.
Fact is whatever else I have been doing has not been working and this "accountability no matter what" is the one thing I have been resisting so now I am choosing to do it.

Here's to a magical 2018!

Sharron (Slimrider) Replied:

Great idea. I have to visit the site almost daily as part of forcing myself to keep focused so I can manage a weekly review here I'm sure. I'm so excited for you Thulz, 100lbs is a great target and I know you can do it. This is going to be a year where we get things done!

kc Replied:

Let's do it!

Awesome you guys! The more people I see here the more excited I get because we can keep the momentum going!

I see almost everyone has registered a loss in the competition so far...Awesome!!

Ok so I'll kick off this week's check in! I've lost 5.3 lbs. so far. This week felt simultaneously easier and hard. Easier because the first few pounds include the emptying of glycogen stores which releases water but the loss is still motivating. Yet it feels hard because I have the excruciating back pain that always accompanies my weight gain and this pain makes even taking a few steps really challenging. I usually push past it but you can definitely tell in my waddle that something is wrong.
Anyway I know that I will need another 5-10 pounds for it to disappear completely. You would think that knowing this happens EVERY time I gain weight, I would be wise enough not to put myself thru that! *eyeroll* Lol!

Lyn Replied:

I am doing well this week but need to be doing better. I'm not on fire like I should be, I am just doing okay. I'm working on it!

Nutmeg Replied:

Nutmeg here, checking in. I was doing realatively well until today. Work was stressful this week but I handled it getting a lot of my anxiety an nervous energy out on the treadmill which counteracted some of the stress related eating I was doing. The presidential of the company and HR wanted to speak to everyone in the company individually and the outcome of my sessions is that HR and the president both said my managers can't make me work over 40 hours a week without either getting overtime pay or getting compensated by leaving early the next week. I was told as a salaried position I was expected to work 9 hour days. I told them I thought my job should be hourly, that it was on par width other jobs that were considered hourly and found out from HR that it is an hourly position at other branches. So all that turned out good, except now I'm concerned that I probably have 3 management people in my office mad at me and I'm not looking forward to going in to the office tomorrow. So, I dork or hit the chocolate hard today. I'm on my exercise bike now as I write this, but if got to stop soon so I can wind down before I go to bed.

Anna Replied:

Hi... Checking in! I had a good first day back on my plan. I am pretty hungry right now but I will get through! I am so happy that I got through my day one! Now on to day two! Good luck to everyone on our quest to make this year "the year"!

Great feedback guys! Onwards to Week 2. The 2 things I am keeping in the forefront of my mind this week are:
1. The time WILL pass whether I am working on my goals or not
2. Progress over Perfection

I can't believe I was the first one to disappear after promising to check in on this thread once a week.
How is everyone doing?

I got bogged down by work but honestly it doesn't take more than 5 minutes to check in here... I need to change my perspective.
I lost 5.3 for January but have slowly gained back and now have only lost a total of 2.4lbs. This is why i can't afford to not check in.

Lyn Replied:

Life happens Thulz, glad to see you back here!

kc Replied:

I am yoyoing the same 4 pounds.

justme Replied:

2018 is going to be my year !

Angela Replied:

Some of us have pretty big goals (85 lbs. here) But keep reminding yourself a little is good. After all there are still 46 weeks in this year. A goal of 2 pounds per week adds up to a potential 92 pounds. For me I'd rather lose 20 NOW then slow down but that isn't realistic or healthy and would probably backfire anyway. Remember, slow and steady wins the race!!

Lyn Replied:

You know what Angela, I needed to hear this today. Thanks!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.