JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: Walkin' In A Wellness Wonderland!

Jeanne- CE!

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: Walkin' In A Wellness Wonderland! - which runs from 12/01/2018 through 12/31/2018.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I gave my December plan some thought, and have decided to stick with what is working well when I am on a wider road. This means keeping important wellness checkpoints (hydration, exercise, quiet time, rest, music, cooking, quality time with loved ones) in rotation, and being extremely selective about which special foods I will eat, and in what quantity. Most of the season's special treats and food offerings do not make the grade at all if I really think about it; so I will pause and make conscious decisions about what goes into my body (my temple.)

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

How is your walk in Wellness Wonderland going? Mine is mostly on track; it really helps if I think ahead of time if it is really worth it or not, and if it is, in what quantity. So far I haven't had any junk- it's all been things that I really enjoy. I will finish out the holiday season with portion awareness and choosing accordingly.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I have been doing well up until yesterday when I had an off day. But it's ok, life is messy and every day won't be green. As long as it is the exception and not the rule, I am ok with it.

FastK Replied:

Our old food favs for the holiday times are not low carb user friendly around me
What got me into this mess of being unhealthy and overweight.

I like Jeanne how you think of your body as a temple now and want to protect it from the 'bad' and give it only the good! Smart!!

Lyn, I so understand life is messy. Happens to me also Like you said tho key thing is it must be the rare exception and not the norm. We gave up the norm, which is funny cause the norm is the bad guy in food , and we opted for the true healthy way to eat thru life.

One thing I find I love eating my near zero carb way of life is the clarity of mind. I think so much clearer now. I am out of a fog that the sugar and junky stuff put into my body. I never knew I was in such a fog LOL, but being out of it, I can look back and think, omgoodness, I was in a brain fog! I just think clearer and know I am this way being on a healthier way of eating. I love it

and since I think clearer now I can put my eating plan importance over instant gratification of junky food. Seems to be working well for me

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.