JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: A Plank A Day Keeps The Bat Wings Away!

Jeanne- CE!

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: A Plank A Day Keeps The Bat Wings Away! - which runs from 03/01/2019 through 03/31/2019.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I'm in! I want to do this and don't want to do this all at the same time. haha

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Ha! I was thinking it's too late for bat wing prevention in my case.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I am just referring to the plank itself. Basic info is on Wikipedia, and there are many variations beyond that, such as high plank on hands, or a side plank.

Sharron (Slimrider) Replied:

This is a great idea! I will google...

Sharron (Slimrider) Replied:

Right - I've Googled and I'm in! I shall time myself and see if a month makes a change. It fits in well with my new Yoga plans.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

You are welcome, Rjaatt!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Ok, I got my first planking day logged for the month. I am not timing them, but what I will do is to do a high pushup type plank, a forearm plank, and a side plank on each side , each for as long as I can hold proper form. Looking forward to some progress this month!

Lyn💛 Replied:

Lyn💛 Replied:

I never did my planks yesterday! I was so busy I forgot. Ugh. Oh well, I can't change yesterday but I can still do them from here on out.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Everyone here is great support!
Planks done for today!

Jenn J Replied:

I'm in!. My challenge is that I had shoulder surgery in October. I'm recovered as if it's been a year, but haven't tried a plank yet. My goal is starting out at 10 seconds a day for my first few days.

flower Replied:

I am late joining but I am in & did my Planks today

Lyn💛 Replied:

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

So far so good, and can see slight improvement after a weak start. I may not always post here, but will definitely track it on the calendar. Plank on!

Lyn💛 Replied:

Don't hurt yourself! If the side planks are too much right now, just focus on regular ones and in time your core will build and you can add the side planks in then. We all need to move at our own pace. Sometimes I even back off a bit from where I was the day before, it is all about honoring your body.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Do the planks on your knees for a while until you build up strength. It counts just the same!

Lyn💛 Replied:

You did great.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I love the idea about honoring our bodies- our temples. We have the same body but a different situation every day. It always helps me to listen to my body and act accordingly, not that I am always successful at that, but I feel better overall when I do it.

flower Replied:

Lyn💛 Replied:

Thanks Rjaatt! For the record, I did do my planks this morning, so I didn't skip the whole day. And I absolutely love Yoga With Adriene, she has videos at all levels and she is such a sweet person.

flower Replied:

Lyn💛 Replied:

Lyn💛 Replied:

flower Replied:

Lyn💛 Replied:

I've been slacking. This wrist injury is getting to me and forearm planks are HARD. LOL

flower Replied:

flower Replied:

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.