JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: March Weight Loss (lbs.)

Lyn💛

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: March Weight Loss (lbs.) - which runs from 03/01/2019 through 03/31/2019.

Celie Replied:

If I didn't overeat or snack so much I could lose those extra 5#s! This is my goal for March (or how ever long it takes!).

Rjaatt Replied:

This is my first day of 40days/40nights Fasting: Started at 10am. Its 5:45pm doing well! No Hunger!
Breakfast Coffee, Water, V8 Pomegranate blueberry juice/
Dinner Coffee, Water, V8 Pomegranate blueberry juice/

Rjaatt Replied:

I love Fasting, I woke up got on the scale and YEA! 1.5lbs Lost that was just from 10am to 6am when I check my weight. Fasting is GREAT for the BODY! Drinking Coffee decaffeinated, Teas, Water, Juices, taking Vitamins and doing Communion (glass of grapejuice and a whole wheat cracker). Meditation: 432Hz - The DEEPEST Healing Let Go Of All Negative Energy - Healing Meditation Music 432Hz. Yoga Batwings, Abs Video, Tai-chi. its a great day.

Rjaatt Replied:

Day 3, so far so good no hunger just a little grumbling the meditation is helping and all the work keeps my mind off my tummy. Well back to work... Well? guess not the Adult kids just got home so have to wait until they leave again. Sad I have to live like this... but if I'm around them they just start fights with me. So best I just stay in my room and avoid the conflict. Dang! I guess I will have to wait till later...

Nutmeg Replied:

I'm not doing so great with this competition so far. Just a few days in and I'm going the opposite direction. I went out for a wonderful dinner last night and had what I think was probably one of the top 3 deserts of my life. Bananas Foster that they made at the table. It was incredible and worth the gain. I've been much more restrained with my eating today, and I'm hoping with some excercise I'll be back down soon to my starting weight soon.

Rjaatt Replied:

Nutmeg! Sometimes a Diet is not about Pounds. and sometimes Dinner is about the company your with. Enjoy that Company for I never get any. Enjoy going out to dinner for I never get to do that either, You have a wonderful life that is all that matters...

I had two choices Life or Die. So weight loss was important to my heart and health. So I have had to work hard if I didn't I would not be alive today.

Be Grateful you got to have that Deserts, for me desert is walnuts crushed and I get a teaspoon maybe 3 hee hee hee..... a whole wheat cracker, I look forward too, and wild caught mackerel in 100% live oil is heaven to me or Bumble Bee Salmon is like love.... to me...

even a orange I am happy... So enjoy! Remember I was 327lbs and now I am 165lbs. just a few more pounds to go... I am almost there in 15months or 11yrs trying.

Your blessed and Loved that is all that will ever matter in a life time. I don't even feel loved...
Thank God I have all you Ladies, to help me through all of this... So I thank each and everyone of you it meas a lot too me...

Nutmeg Replied:

That's an incredible weight loss Rjaatt. It must feel incredible to be so close to such a big goal. You've accomplished a lot in a realatively short time. Thank you for putting things in perspective.
I'm a bit confused about your situation. You sound very lonely, but a the same time you are a very positive, kind and thoughtful person. The type of person that, at the very least, has a few close friends. Did your previous weight make you isolate yourself? Are you just incredibly shy?

Jenn J Replied:

OK, I'm joined in. It's time for a restart. I had a motorcycle accident last September, followed by shoulder surgery in October. I've finally been released to start gentle exercises and need to get this weight off.

Oh, and I'm in Washington State if anyone is interested.

Rjaatt Replied:

Good Morning, 2:am starts my day, 2nd day in a row, when you can't sleep anymore you can't sleep.
Nice Jenn, I looked up some Videos for you, to help: I rode motorcycles most of my life, I use to own a Yamaha 400, at 12yrs old Yamaha asked me to ride for them at Indian dunes. But my Mother said NOPE.. So my career was over before it started. LOL Anyway so Motherhood at 21yrs old for me, Lol ... 35yrs later here I am.. lol..

Try these Youtube just copy the name and paste in browser.

1. 10 Best Rotator Cuff Pain Stretches - Ask Doctor Jo
2. Qigong for neck and shoulder tension, arthritis, and strength with Jeff Chand. (I like all his video). I use this person a lot while exercising.
3. Module 04 beginners Tai Chi (one camera - new music)

I hope these three helped, I looked at over 80videos on Youtube but I only liked these, I also have a Rotatory cuff Damage from doing Childcare and Lifting Babies for 33yrs, rocking them in my arms, or picking them up I dislocated my shoulder several times..Anyway I will do these with you also. but stick with Qi-gone and Tai-chi, it will heal your injury's quickly other then exercise that will put stress on them and just keep damaging them .. That was the mistake I made..
Sending hearts and hugs...

Rjaatt Replied:

Goal for March 06, 2019 (1 day)
Weekly Goal
Projected Weight: 165.4 lbs. Actual Pace: -0.377 lbs. per day
Goal Weight: 164 lbs. Needed Pace: Goal Achieved!
You are on pace to surpass this goal! Nice Work!

Nutmeg Replied:

Rjaatt,
Sorry to hear you've been held back from so many things in your life. You've done so great on you're weight loss. You should try to get out and meet some people. Maybe volunteering or taking a Master Gardeners class might be good. It sounds like you love to garden. It's something I love too and I've wanted to go through a Master Gardeners program, but I don't think I'll have the time until I retire from my job.

Jenn J Replied:

Rjaat,

My PT and my surgeon both say that my recovery is way beyond expectation for only 4 months after surgery. Surgery was 10/12/18 and both PT and surgeon says the range of motion (ROM) I have is equivalent to someone a year after surgery. I'm very aware of my shoulders aches (muscle use) and pains (injury) and push the aches but avoid the pains.

I will check into those video as I've thought about Tai-chi for ages, but with my work schedule (1pm to 11:30pm) finding some place after work hasn't worked out too well.

Rjaatt Replied:

Jenn J, I looked around for Videos that you can do for 15mins, I found this: You can do it In your Bedroom, Frontroom or even Kitchen. You an do it on a break during work if need be if you can find a comfortable place you would not be bothered. You can place this on your cellphone:

Tai Chi 5 Minutes a Day Module 01 - easy for beginners (woman)

Qigong for Neck & Shoulder Pain, Tension and Stress (woman)

Tai Chi for Beginners 15 Minute Routine - Amazing!,

7 Tai Chi Moves for Beginners 15 Minute Daily Taiji Routine

Best Tai Chi for Beginners...Join In - 14 Minute Tai Ji Quan Exercise

Now Jenn Jenn, you have a 5 min you can do before Bed, and When you wake up, or on Breaks, You can do it anywere in the house or back ground, or garage, or back yard, even at work if their is a small area all is needed.

You also have 15min you can do if you have a day off or on weekends, now you have 7days a week. to Pick and chose. LOL

I got your back jenn jenn... I will do them with you also....

Rjaatt Replied:

Active Short-Term Goals (1-2 months)
Goal Date---------------------Goal Name------------------------Goal Weight
Mar-7-2019 (1 day) -------Weekly Goal--------------------------164.9 lbs.
Mar-8-2019 (2 days)-------Weekly Goal--------------------------164.6 lbs.
Mar-13-2019 (7 days)-----Weekly Goal--------------------------164.1 lbs.
Mar-20-2019 (14 days)----Weekly Goal--------------------------164 lbs.

Rjaatt Replied:

327 down to 160lbs and Dropping.. every day!

Celie Replied:

You're doing so well with your weight, Rjaatt!! My goal is 165. I made it to the 160s, but now I'm stuck. When spring gets here, I'll be moving a lot more and that will help! I'll get there!

Rjaatt Replied:

Great Job Celie, Mabye your Body is just Resting and learning to adapt to all the weight you have lost? Give it time, But If you want to continue, Ask the Dr. For a Vit B-12 Shot or go down To Walmart and Buy Vit B-12/ B-50. also Potassium. If you got get a lot of sun you might need some Vit D3. These are what my Doctor put me on and it helps me to lose weight. Last Celie, Do you eat a lot of Protein. I use OMNIHealth, we don't realize but our bodies do not get enough of protein.

I take the ominihealth and add Juice instead of water, or I put Beet Juice in it to flush out my liver and Kidneys etc. But you can use what ever you like. I don't suggest Milks... but you can use purified water if you would like. Also if you add in Flax Seeds its helps digest it and chia seeds, this makes it so it digests faster.

i just found this last night! I would really recommend it, its really easy and just do what you want to. but Lyn even says she has worked out too this video: And don't forget Qi-gong/ tai-chi

Yoga For Beginners - 40 Minute Home Yoga Workout

Rjaatt Replied:

You've lost 167.2 lbs.
You've been dieting for 433 days.
Starting Weight------Current Weight-------Overall Goal
327 lbs.--------------------159.8 lbs.-------------145 lbs.

Rjaatt Replied:

The losing Pounds are GREAT! But what is BETTER is How you feel! Knowing you Measured up to your own EXPECTATIONS not OTHERS! I gave myself Self-worth!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.