JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: 2019 Turkey Challenge

Alicia

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: 2019 Turkey Challenge - which runs from 08/15/2019 through 11/21/2019.

Alicia Replied:

14 weeks in this challenge to grow your turkey!

How large can you grow yours?

Lyn💛 Replied:

I'm notoriously horrible at this competition but I will give it a go! Not going to put a number to it, just going to try my darnedest. LOL

Alicia Replied:

The first couple of years we did this I lost 14lbs each year. That's my goal for this year too.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I love this; how fun!

Alicia Replied:

We are going to have a great time! I'm using this week as prep to start the challenge of right!

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Oh boy...I remember these competitions! I'm in, this year I really want a nice size turkey!

Alicia Replied:

Today's the day! First day of our Turkey Challenge!!! I weighed in this morning.

My goal is for a 14lb turkey. I can do this! And so can you!!

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

My Goal is 15 that is realistic, however I will be even happier with more!

Thulz💕 Replied:

I'm in too!! Not sure about the exact number but I want a turkey so big they remove it from the shelves for being a Frankenstein

Alicia Replied:

Great goals!

Today one of my big goals is to drink at least 32oz of water. I've been lax on this portion of my diet and I need to improve.

Alicia Replied:

Had a slight gain from yesterday. Will be more diligent today.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I am away from home this week, so I do not yet know what is going on with my turkey!

Alicia Replied:

I made sure to get up and move a bit more yesterday. Watched my intake and it paid off!

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

You are so fun 2lz!!!

Alicia Replied:

Oh I see a gain in my future. Hubby made some delicious dinner. And I ate too much.

Alicia Replied:

Went to line dance class tonight. Haven't been in a long time. Felt great!

Thulz💕 Replied:

Ok the long and short of August is that I've mastered dancing the Cha Cha...you know...2 steps forward 3 steps back.
I now need to practice a new skill now... one called making Progress and Keeping it!
I'm sure this is the right competition to track my progress over 3 months

Lyn💛 Replied:

Same here Thulz. Same here.

Alicia Replied:

I get it! My weight has been all over the place. Currently in a downward phase so I'm feeling optimistic. I always enjoy the turkey challenge!

Thulz💕 Replied:

well done Alicia!!
But prepare for some tough competition from me

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

As of today, my turkey is 1.8 lbs...not super impressive!

Lyn💛 Replied:

This competition is like the kiss of death for me. LOL I need to break the curse!

Alicia Replied:

Jeanna... my son raises turkeys. He's like at that weight they are about 4 weeks old. So by the time Thanksgiving rolls around they are a nice plump 15-20lbs. You can do it!

Alicia Replied:

Lyn..... I was very successful the first few years we did the "Turkey Challenge" then it became the kiss of death for me too. Being very intentional to become successful this time & break the trend.

Thulz💕 Replied:

Jeanne your turkey is, at least alive!!! Hold on to that. This reminds me of the game we used to play in the 90s called tomagochi where you had to keep a digital pet alive and it was super-sensitive to neglect. So now I've planted an unpleasant seed in my mind that every time I go back to zero it means I've killed my turkey. So whatever I do once on board again I have to keep that sucker alive😂

Lyn💛 Replied:

haha that is a great way to look at it Thulz

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

Thulz, love it; I love your out of the box thinking and the fact that you share your thoughts!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

I'll go with my Thursday weight each week so that it ends up on Thanksgiving! This week my turkey is 1.8 lbs, same as last week.

Thulz💕 Replied:

Mine is also alive and kicking at 2lbs this week

Alicia Replied:

My turkey is stuck. Hoping to get back to growing my turkey & losing some pounds this week.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

My turkey lost weight this week, and now weighs 1.2 but I swear I have my reasons!

Alicia Replied:

He's growing again! Took a few days for myself and adjusted my food intake. Seems to have helped.

Thulz💕 Replied:

I've just killed my turkey!😭

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

My turkey is maintaining its featherweight 1.2 lb size

Lyn💛 Replied:

I have had enough of this, so beware...my turkey is about to arrive!!!

Thulz💕 Replied:

Oooh look it's Turkey Thursday!!
I have a critical but stable turkey at 0.7 lbs

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

My turkey is not going to feed anyone right now, except me at only 0.6 lbs!

Alicia Replied:

I'm 8lbs from my turkey goal weight. Hoping I can exceed a 14lb turkey. Here we go!

Lyn💛 Replied:

Way to go Alicia!

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Great job Alicia! Keep it going!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

My turkey lost weight and is down to a svelte .6lbs.

Alicia Replied:

51 days to go!!!

We can do this!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

This little turkey had a growth spurt and now weighs 2.8lbs!

Lyn💛 Replied:

Man, I need to go back and see where I was when this thing started because I have been on a roll and thought for sure I would be on the board by now.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Great job Jeanne!

I now have a little baby turkey!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

My turkey is gaining, and is up to 3.6lbs!

Lyn💛 Replied:

Like I said...kiss of death...

Alicia Replied:

Still have time to grow a 10lb turkey!

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

My turkey is getting bigger, so happy that I might not starve this Thanksgiving!

Lyn💛 Replied:

My turkey finally exists!

Alicia Replied:

Way to go Lyn!!!

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

My turkey is up to 4.2lbs!

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

My turkey is growing at a really nice pace now. Looking forward it will be like for Thanksgiving. So exciting to see!

Lyn💛 Replied:

Mine is still tiny but he exists and I am SO happy about that. Now to plump him up!

Alicia Replied:

Everyone is doing excellent! Keep them turkeys growing.

Alicia Replied:

I was able to walk 3mi today. I haven't been able to do even a mile in a long time.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Way to go Alicia! Feels good, doesn't it?

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

My turkey maintained this week

Alicia Replied:

It did until my plantar fasciitis started acting up.

Alicia Replied:

Nothing wrong with maintaining!!!

Lyn💛 Replied:

I'm stuck but he still exists so this is a win for me.

Alicia Replied:

I was stuck gaining and losing the same pound for several days. Finally broke through this morning.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

My turkey is up to 8.4 lbs

Lyn💛 Replied:

I'm in a holding pattern.

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.