JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: 2lz 12 Weeks to Transformation

Thulz💕

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: 2lz 12 Weeks to Transformation - which runs from 09/01/2019 through 11/24/2019.

Thulz💕 Replied:

Through consistent practice, I've become very good at starting and stopping. Going back on my word and frankly having a terrible relationship with myself - I probably would not tolerate anyone treating me the way I've treated myself.
It's a very mental journey starting with the decision to lose weight.
REALLY making the decision. See, the back and forth is for the most part habits but also not truly making the decision to change.

There are parts of me - the executive part of the brain - the prefrontal cortex - the part of the brain that has goals and dreams and wants to succeed more than anything in the world.
There's also the higher self - the spirit or the soul - the part of me whose purpose is to see me live my best life. The part that only gets accessed by quietening down the mind and listening.
Then there's the oldest part of me - the primitive brain - the part whose sole purpose is to keep me safe from danger. This is the same part that houses habits - good or bad- it doesn't discriminate. All it knows is if I haven't died up until now, that means my habits are serving me and it's job is to make sure those habits are maintained by any means necessary.
This part also houses trauma and fear I've experienced since my childhood and creates mechanisms to avoid further hurt by keeping the fear alive no matter how destructive it is.

This is why change is so hard and this is why understanding all this - having made the decision - will help me notice which voice is for my greater good and which one is my habit voice.

I started this thread to track the ups and downs - the good, the bad, the exciting, the not so fun and the downright ugly.
Please feel free to jump aboard and share your insights as well.
I know I should probably use the blog for this but I really wanted to try a continuous thread to see if I can do better that way in creating consistency

Lyn💛 Replied:

This is beautiful Thulz. Well said. I am very much in the same place. Hopefully others will jump on board and we can all go through this together.

Jeanne- CE! Replied:

(((((Thulz!))))) I love this! You are beautiful

Thulz💕 Replied:

Thank you so much for the support Lyn and Jeanne

Thulz💕 Replied:

Day1
I start this challenge with some goals.
My 30 day OUTCOME goals are:
1. to lose and keep off 21.7 lbs... Starting weight: 311.7 lbs Target 30 day weight 290 lbs
2. Achieve a heart rate average of 72 or less for September... This is a huge indicator for fitness as well as inflammation in the body. Lowest this year was 73 so 72 will be a new low.

My 30 day PROCESS goals:
1. Practice my number 1 food rule - Develop the skill of never eating processed food and sugar 2 days in a row. I believe if I can stick to this broad rule it is the Big Rock I need to make significant change
2. Work up to being able to do a 1hour walk outside without back pain
3. Work on increasing my steps to Achieve 75000 steps in a workweek hustle in one of the weeks within September
4. Update on this thread at least twice a week

Lyn💛 Replied:

Great goals Thulz! You've got this!

Thulz💕 Replied:

I'm always curious to observe my mind whenever I want to create big change.
So far for me I haven't been able to to do changes from behavior alone and the mental part is critical.
I've lost 2.6 so far but that was after some serious negotiations, daily journaling and affirmations on my part.

I've noticed how I try to find a way OUT instead of finding a way and seeing how much I can get away with. For example, the other night after a late night at work I said I talked myself into having KFC because technically it wasn't processed sugar and that I was still within my calories so technically I was within plan. Lol
It's practice though, and the awareness is probably one of my biggest tools in identifying and improving mind pitfalls.

Lyn💛 Replied:

At least you had the conversation with yourself and thought it through. As time goes on you will be more strenuous with your negotiations and KFC won't make the cut, it is a process and you are on the right track.

Thulz💕 Replied:

thank you so much Lyn. How is it going with you this week?

Lyn💛 Replied:

I am in the right frame of mind, still did the one step forward two steps back thing somehow. It has been a jammed packed week though, no time for exercise so hopefully now things will calm down a bit and I can get back to walking and stuff.

Thulz💕 Replied:

I've just been going thru some eye opening training by Jim Fortin. I feel like I was led to him because his message is on the same path as I am right now.
One of the best things he said was:
You do not get your goals and your dreams no matter how much you want them. What you get is your habits!

Lyn💛 Replied:

That is so good Thulz, thanks for sharing.

Thulz💕 Replied:

Well I did say I was gonna track it all... Good and bad!
I have gained instead of lose this week because I did not stick to my number 1 food rule.

What Thought Habit will I practice this week?
Keeping the promises I make to myself and being self-integral, disciplined and accountable

What behavior habits can I practice this week to reinforce the thought habit?
I need to stop trying to "work around" this or "focusing on other areas I've improved in". This is the one.
Practice not eating processed sugar 2 days in a row

Lyn💛 Replied:

Keeping the promises I make to myself...that is a good one Thulz, I should really focus on this in my own life.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Hey I'm on board with you. You know we have been on this journey together at least since 2011. If you go back and look at some of our old competitions you can see us on there. So weird that I've shared such personal things about myself with such great friends that I have never met before!
I want to continue this journey with my friends, however this time I too want to have a better outcome for health reasons. It's so easy because we know what to do to make it happen, yet it's so hard. I guess it really is mind over matter.
I plan on talking to myself on a daily basis to try and make the right decisions. What do I want to accomplish this week? I want to look back and smile at my good choices, whether I lose 1 lbs or not!

Thulz💕 Replied:

Yay so glad you joined us Alex!
I don't like looking back at my old stuff because it makes me realise just how good I had it when I thought it was really bad compared to now

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

So I set my goals on here for 1 lbs a week loss. I will accomplish this at my goal weight in December of 2020. What a wonderful Christmas gift I will receive next year. It's so nice to know what my gift will be next year already, healthiness!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.