JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: Weekly Weight Loss - 12/14/2019 Results

Time Out (Alex)

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: Weekly Weight Loss - 12/14/2019 Results - which runs from 12/07/2019 through 12/14/2019.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

How is everyone doing?

I'm starting to lose a little of my 2 lbs gain.

Thulz💕 Replied:

Lost 6.2lbs in last week's challenge...let's see how I do this weekðŸ˜
I'll be happy with 3.8 to make it 10

Lyn💛 Replied:

That is wonderful Thulz! Good for you!

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Wow 2Lz, awesome.

By the way, so happy to see you here!!!

Janet Replied:

Good job Thulz!!

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Janet!!! How are you?
Good to see you on here as well.

I lost my 1 lbs gain, yeah!

Thulz💕 Replied:

Janet!!! Wow Hello! So so awesome to see you!

Thank you so much everyone! â¤ï¸
I think I am starting to like these weekly challenges because they make it very obvious to me when I'm cha-cha dancing! I just worked thru a gain I had after the weekend and I'm glad to be on the board even with 0.2 lossðŸ˜

Alex well done on the 2lbs!!
Do you think we can continue using this same thread for next week's challenge as well? That way we can really keep track of the progress.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

2lz, you can do whatever your heart desires! I'm good with it!

I like the weekly challenges because it's short term and works well for me. Sometimes looking at the big picture makes me nervous. I'm happy with a 1 lbs loss per week. I know some weeks will be more and some will be less, I just want to be able to do these little steps. I already have a few set up to next year as well. I try to keep at least 4 ongoing so I don't forget to start them.

It's more fun with a group. So happy you are all joining me!

Lyn💛 Replied:

Yes, it is nice to have others joining in on the fun!

Thulz💕 Replied:

So this last week's challenge I managed a 2.4 lbs loss. I'll take it🤸ðŸ¾â€â™‚ï¸

You know this might just be the key. You see how we do the Fitbit challenges? We "report" our steps religiously whether we took 1000 or 80000 for that week. And we don't load it with emotions when we do low steps in fact we don't make it mean anything. We just move on to the next week.
We could do that with these! Looking at how far we still have to go can be overwhelming and anxiety-inducing.
Looking at how we've let ourselves down in the past and judging ourselves for it can take the power we have in the present moment away and we end up repeating the past.
Whereas if we just focus on the week at hand... do the best we can, make sure to keep tracking and not hide even when it's bad... that takes the pressure away and in no time we'll have created a string of little wins that add up to a big change.
And that, I believe, is how lasting change is created...

Sorry for the long message...it just sort of poured out of meðŸ˜...

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

I agree. Weekly goals are what is best for me personally. Since doing these little weekly challenges, I have lost a total of 15 lbs. So little steps equal big numbers.

I too am very happy with my loss. I'll take any number, I just don't want gains.

Time Out (Alex) Replied:

Everyone ready for this week? I have the same exact number since Thursday. Every morning my weight has been the same, it's kind of weird no changes at all. Which I rather have no change than a gain.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I'm ready!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.