JOIN FREE!
  << Back to the Index
OP Contact Card Symbol

User Competition: New You In 2019 End

Sue Ellen

This thread is for discussion about the user competition: New You In 2019 End - which runs from 01/06/2019 through 12/31/2019.

Sue Ellen Replied:

Ok, another New Year with 365 days minus 5 = 360 to lose whatever we can to end 2019 with a loss. Big or Small a loss is a loss.....So come on and join. There is room for 12. Percentage numbers on losses.....

Gwen Replied:

I'll join in Sue Ellen!

Barb Replied:

I need this motivation!

Sue Ellen Replied:

Ok so I had a Birthday this pass week, Jan. 7th and had a gain from celebrating and the number is the same I began the New Year with on Jan. 1st, so I guess I am starting all over again?
At least I have no more Ice Cream in the home BUT still struggling with my crunchy Cheetos. HELP!
Anyone else have something they may like to share with our group? No pressure.

Gwen Replied:

Sue Ellen, you'll need to find something else that is crunchy but good for you! Any ideas? PS happy belated birthday!

Sharron (Slimrider) Replied:

OK crunchy things - flax crackers, low carb healthy pittas baked into chips, pickles (sounds weird but the crunch works for me) and roasted soy nuts/ edamame beans. Off the top of my head. These are all great and healthy on my plan.

Hope everyone is still committed and doing their thing?

Sue Ellen Replied:

Thanks for the suggestions. Now if only others would message here to encourage others as we have 11 more months to go..... So far I have had 1 pound gain since Jan. 1st but with a Birthday I am not concern. Still not giving up. Looking forward to hearing from others...

Anna Replied:

I need a rocket up my butt hahaha

Lyn💛 Replied:

I'm hanging in there. Happy belated birthday Sue Ellen! Anna, too funny. lol

Sue Ellen Replied:

Thanks for sharing ladies. Remember "If others can do it, we can too". It may take time as we do have to eat daily to stay alive, however taking one meal at a time and thinking about our choices we can have success this year. *My hubby sabotaged me with 2 1/2 gallons of ice cream yesterday. Of course I had some last night only to have a small gain this morning on the scale. BUT now I must make a choice to keep eating as I did before with this temptation or limit myself. It is also in the mind I believe. Have a good week to all......

Thanks Sue Ellen, you are so right - it is all about taking each day, each meal at a time and building up the good choices x We can all do this.

Sue Ellen Replied:

Well thus far from Jan. 1st I have a gain of .6 , of course this is not what I want but I have been struggling. I am sharing to encourage others not to give up. I feel good that thus far this month has not been bad overall. I know it should have been a loss but I still have 4 more days to turn it around. So be blessed and not stressed, doing your best.

Sue Ellen Replied:

Hi ladies, Well here we are in February another new month. I am pleased to say for January I came out with a .3 gain but this morning lost .5 from yesterday. I have a hard time with losing so not disappointed with the numbers. Does anyone else want to sharing their journey thus far?

Lyn💛 Replied:

I am actually down 1.4 for the month of January. It shows me with a gain though because it didn't start on the first and I had had a really nice loss on the day of the comp. start. Not what I had envisioned for January but certainly better than it could have been. Ready to make February good!

flower Replied:

My scale went down 4.8 for the month and that was with following my food plan and exercising for 30 minutes per day. I wanted the scale to show a 1# drop / week when I started back on plan the first of Jan and it looks like this is what I need to do every day for it to happen.# Loving exercise

Sue Ellen Replied:

Thanks for sharing ladies. Congrats on your losses. I did have a success today as I had bought 1/2 gallon of ice cream yesterday but returned today as I had told myself on February 1 I would have no more ice cream in the house for my temptation. Whenever I get upset I notice I turn to my ice cream. Yesterday was one of those days. Keep up the good work ladies and for sharing.

flower Replied:

That is a HUGE move Sue Ellen , good for you We can do this , ODAT !! )

Lyn💛 Replied:

Good for you Sue Ellen!

Well done everyone - if we just keep on going then progress will be made.

Anna Replied:

I just ate a good breakfast and am checking in! Nothing else till noon... I am grazer who is saying no to grazing today!

flower Replied:

Just wondering ...do any of you reward yourselves in non food ways for any goals you have set and met along the way and if you do ..in what ways ?..I am looking for any ideas you might have . Thanks !!

Gwen Replied:

Yes, I reward myself by spending £5 (not a lot by the way) on nail varnish or something I would like but don't need. For example a new craft kit or clothes a smaller size from what we call 'charity' shops. I have two favourite charity shops that allow me to purchase jewelry or a garment for that price.

flower Replied:

Great idea Gwen, there is a nice shop that buys name brand clothing, purses and jewelry in excellent shape and resells at a reasonable price near me ~ I will go in and take a look when I hit my next 0.8 # loss that will mean another 5# loss for me ( it is taking forever ! ) Thank you !
Nail polish idea is great also , I used to do all kinds of crafts but spend my time gardening now .

Gwen Replied:

Flower, a new plant or seeds for your garden would be a good idea too!

flower Replied:

WOW , YES !! I can look at catalogs and plan for the future planting season or go to the garden center now and buy a new house plant ..Splendid idea ..Thank you !! I had found myself in kind of a rut and you helped me out of it !!

Interesting - I used to do this a lot but haven't bothered this time. I do have a plan to get a tattoo when my back is one back instead of 3 (!) but that's not a scale number. The things I bought previously to remind me of successes now just make me realise how silly I was to gain the weight back and I think they are motivation enough still because of that!

Sue Ellen Replied:

Non food rewards are great. I know emotionally is when I get in trouble. But right now I have the flu with pneumonia and a temp. My sleeping is not good neither is my eating. Praying all goes well soon. Had to go to Urgent Care in our area Saturday. The flu shot I got didn't seem to work this year.

Lyn💛 Replied:

Oh no Sue Ellen! Take care and rest a lot. Wishing you a quick recovery!

Gwen Replied:

Get well soon Sue Ellen!

flower Replied:

Oh no Sue Ellen ! That bug was shared with me ( and 4 others ! ) unknowingly ( came down with symptoms the next day ) by my grandchild over last Thanksgiving . I went to urgent care as I was going in to pneumonia . Take Heart the antibiotics and all of the other wonder drugs with rest and good fluids will kick it ! Expect to hear from you soon that you are feeling on top of things !

Sue Ellen Replied:

Feeling better everyone. However my hubby has the bad cough now and he did not get a good doctor at urgent care like I had. So if he is not better by Wednesday I plan to check with urgent care to see if the doctor I had is on call so my hubby can get the correct help. We are not in the best care county for health issues. This is why we must look to God our great physician and pray along the way.

flower Replied:

Sue Ellen , I just prayed for you and your husband ~*~ I am glad to hear you are feeling better ! ( BTW my real name is Sue also

Lyn💛 Replied:

Gosh, I will be keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Sue Ellen Replied:

A few more days left before a new month begins for us again. Maybe Spring in the air will help me make better choices? Have only 3 more pills left of my meds and hubby is almost done too. His cough sounds bad but no temp thank God. His birthday was today and we chose to have a pot roast at home with vegetables and potatoes. Dessert was carrot cake. Tomorrow will be a gain but we had a nice day. Thanks for all the prayers... blessings back at you.

Glad you are both on the mend Sue Ellen - hugs x

Sue Ellen Replied:

Hi Everyone! Here it is March 3rd and even though I am still not there from Feb. 1st to March 1st I had only a .5 gain. I guess that isn't too bad although a loss would have been better. It seems I am having a lot of stress with the flu and pneumonia, husbands cold now, tenant issues from our landlord, upcoming eye exam, with a crown appointment with a dentist and trying to eat right. Hubby is on 3pm-11pm shift rather than 4-12midnight, was changed and doesn't give much time now in the daytime to go places like before. I am feeling the pressure and guess not even cooking right. Oh well, soon Spring will be here and we will be back to a better routine again. Today though we had a surprise when we came home, another tenant is moving in and will be renting the studio apt. over our bedroom side of our apartment, We have the full downstairs with 2 bedrooms etc but 2 studios are over us. One over our living room and the other our bedroom. So here we go as the other left to go to a rehab facility for help. Been renting for approx. 30 years as this is all we can afford. So we have seen plenty of tenants come and go, after cold winters etc. Anyway we will pray all goes well. Any prayers I thank you in advance....

Sue Ellen Replied:

Well it finally happened...our bathroom scale needed to be replaced. The battery holder snapped off so the battery could not stay in place so was not able to weigh in for 3 days until tomorrow. Got a new scale today and can only hope it will work as well as our previous one. I check it by stepping on with a 4 pound bag of sugar and then step off without it to see if the difference is 4 pounds. it came up with a difference of 3.2, so off by .8. We will have to adjust as I have found no scale is perfect that I have gotten. So on we go.....

Sue Ellen Replied:

Hi Everyone, How are we doing? I am sorry to say from March 7-9th we had no scale and then when we bought one it was so far off with our weigh ins that today we bought another one to begin again tomorrow. So... I checked with my 4 pound bag of sugar weighing holding it and then not standing on the scale and the difference was exactly 4 pounds. This should be our final scale as we go forward. My numbers were not great and thus will begin again. Hope all is going well for everyone. Don't give up and let's keep in touch.

Lyn💛 Replied:

I hate having to buy a new scale, hopefully you like this one!

Sue Ellen Replied:

Love the new scale. Because it was accurate I had a huge loss for me of 1.6 pounds. BUT must be careful as I can gain this back tonight if not careful.......

Sue Ellen Replied:

Hey, how is everyone doing?????? I do not see many replies or updates. Anyone planning their Spring and Summer weight loss programs? April 1st I'm making a plan, no fooling, and can only pray I can have success this time....

Good idea to start fresh for Spring, I am just going to keep on doing what I'm doing and focus hard on not falling off the wagon!

The opinions expressed on this forum may not represent the opinions of StartYourDiet.com. Please consult your physician to determine the weight, nutrition and exercise levels that are best for you.